SWAT PANEL

DirtyBoy

Hello troops, over the past year or so we've discussed having a panel of members that would handle the SWAT evaluations and then submit for final approval. That day has come and we are moving ahead with the process.

In a nutshell....4/5 members on the panel....3 reviewed and approved clears the trooper.

The responsibilities would include but not limited to the following:

1. Posses strong knowledge of CRL and ways to achieve highest levels of accuracy.

2. Currently deployed as SWAT officer.

3. Ability to represent MEPD and legion guidelines with fair and honest feedback to applicants.

4. Work as a team member with like minded individuals :)

The panel will also fill in for Police Officer evaluations when DO is away. This will provide all members with a timely approval process when real life takes us away from what we love.

Please forward your requests to my email address dirtyboysquad@yahoo.com

The command staff and I will review all applicants and notify you where you stand in the process. The panel will consist of 4/5 members.

If you have anything else to add that may make this program better, please feel free to let me know.....it's always about you guys. The command staff is here to make things the best we can for you

Have a great day

Rick "Dirty Boy" Bates

I would be interested in helping out here, although I am not SWAT and likely will never go that route. But I have noticed the amount of PO submissions and have commented and messaged a number of these folk to help them shore some things up that I have noticed. Perhaps we can also have a team for PO that can help out as well. I have the luxury of being online most of the day usually anyway.

Just an out loud thought here to your already great idea :)

Baron

The panel will also fill in for Police Officer evaluations when DO is away. This will provide all members with a timely approval process when real life takes us away from what we love.

Ok...that means, that there are a few more dudes, who will help out for the approvals, if our DO is away?

They are also referred as DO?!?

Cheers....

Well...

another question. Is it possible, until the 'panel'-programm is clear, that another dude of us can make the DO job. Personally I think until the 'panel' is online, too much time passes.

Felix has offered to make this job (he has really much knowledge and he can do the job....especially his english skills is good enough for this position), until something else is ok. What is with this option?!?!
At least until february...until the elections.

There are too much requests....whether for the deployment status or SWAT, it is too much.

Personally I don't like it, that until now nothing happens or take too long until a solution is ok.

My opinion......

My thoughts on this is that to make the Community more involved in the process.

There could be an agreement that if 5 people vote "Green Light" on someone's costume then it has the blessing of the Community and therefore a cursory glance of the submission by the Deployment Officer would then verify the deployment. This would allow others to constructively critique submissions and feel included in the detachment, and it would also relieve the pressure on one officer scrutinising all the submissions.

Maybe this would work for SWAT only, but I feel it would be the right way to go.

Nick

My thoughts on this is that to make the Community more involved in the process.

There could be an agreement that if 5 people vote "Green Light" on someone's costume then it has the blessing of the Community and therefore a cursory glance of the submission by the Deployment Officer would then verify the deployment. This would allow others to constructively critique submissions and feel included in the detachment, and it would also relieve the pressure on one officer scrutinising all the submissions.

Maybe this would work for SWAT only, but I feel it would be the right way to go.

Nick

Ok...but not 5 Peoples for 1 candidate :pinch:

Rather 5 DO's for each one candidate.....I mean it is not necessary that 5 DO's has to approve 1 candidate...I hope you know what I mean. In any case if this way will come.

Nevertheless we need after Smally's quitting an interim DO.

I think Felix would make an ideal interim DO, he is committed and his knowledge is immense. Also his communication is fantastic and he is very much a team player which is paramount in what we do.

With regards to SWAT I think Felix's idea of having SWAT members on a panel to review individual characters is a winner, for example if Darthchridian, Felix and myself were to review Davin "Looks Sir Droids" applications the homework we have done between us to achieve SWAT would be invaluable to the applicants.

Ricky

• 2 weeks later...

We should be reviewing potential approvals and providing our experience with builds anyway. The new DO will be established soon....we just want to give everyone a fair opportunity. In the meantime help community and offer suggestions for troopers so they will be an easy pass.

I understand the desire to get someone right through and approved. We've come a long way over the past few years in streamlining the process. I remember a time where it took months to become police officers lol.

Exciting future ahead troops.

I remember a time where it took months to become police officers lol.

Exactly....then we need more than one person who will doing this DO job...in any case.

My suggestion is, 1 DO for the Police Officers...and 1 DO for the SWAT...and of course....these 2 guys have to communicate with each other.

That's the direction we are going with the SWAT panel. It will help makes things better. Back in the day we only had a few police officers requesting deployment....SWAT wasn't part of the equation. Now things are different and the process will be as well.