Swat weathering question

drawdan

I am working on my weathering for deployment now and was thinking that it might be wise to pick an ANH on screen trooper now to mimic my weathering.....in case a decide to shoot for SWAT. The one I like is this guy,...sandtroopers-2400x1200-469626918295_zpsc

problem is, he is part of the new footage Lucas added (one of the few added scenes that I actually like) so he is not an option under the costume reference library for black pauldron Sandy's.

Can I still use him?

post-6651-0-14757100-1449468793_thumb.jp

Since this trooper is seen on screen he is eligible to become a Legion costume. But being that these troopers are from the Special Edition, the armor is different from the original TD armor. The backpack is also different.

The armor is based off of the Return of the Jedi armor and helmet. Do you have ROTJ specific armor? You could modify an existing set appropriately or get a set of specific armor. There are two makers that I know of who this set. You might have to do some research for the SE backpack.

I don't know of anyone who has made these specific TD's but they certainly are unique in their own right. Contact our Detachment Leader "Dirty Boy" for more guidance and coming up with a CRL.

Good luck!

I believe TM is offering the SE sandtrooper kit. Also, the SE sandtrooper is used in the new Battlefront game.

I think the "sandtrooper" in Battlefron has an ANH helmet but ROTJ styled armor. The new Magma trooper has ROTJ styled helmet and armor.

I think the "sandtrooper" in Battlefron has an ANH helmet but ROTJ styled armor. The new Magma trooper has ROTJ styled helmet and armor.

As far as I see, all Battlefront III armors are ROTJ based, even the helmets. Also the TDs from the digital version of ANH are full ROTJ:

REF_ANH-4294690.jpg

The only mix that's done is with EU armor. My Incinerator's armor, for example, is ROTJ and the helmet is ANH:

tk12169_icn_01_frontavtup8.jpg