Backpack help

redking1

Hey guy's. So i have been hard at work on my sandtrooper costume,Really only need the boot's and a pauldren (got one but not sure about it). So i'm getting ready for this friday's for the love of the force convention down in manchester!

So i'm writing this to ask about the 501st qulifications for backpacks. It sais for level 2 the backpack must not have personal liberties such as light's etc. I was wondering if anyone know's will it still be acceptable if i put hinges on one of the box's as storage. As i will most likely buy stuff and have no where to put it as cloak room's are not provided due to security.

post-6565-0-06767000-1448716319_thumb.jp

Although not mentioned in the CRL, hinges are encouraged!

What's the point of lugging this big backpack around if you can't put stuff in it?

The CRL doesn't go into how you close up the items in your backpack, as long as it doesn't deviate from the accepted reference material. For instance, I wouldn't recommend using gigantic 6" barn door hinges on the outside, but something small and inconspicuous would be perfect :)

Many folks have used a variety of attachment mechanisms: velcro, fancy rare earth magnets, cabinet magnets, cabinet catches combined with hinges, zip ties, but NOT the force! That's for the bad guys!

Charlie

Although not mentioned in the CRL, hinges are encouraged!

What's the point of lugging this big backpack around if you can't put stuff in it?

The CRL doesn't go into how you close up the items in your backpack, as long as it doesn't deviate from the accepted reference material. For instance, I wouldn't recommend using gigantic 6" barn door hinges on the outside, but something small and inconspicuous would be perfect :)

Many folks have used a variety of attachment mechanisms: velcro, fancy rare earth magnets, cabinet magnets, cabinet catches combined with hinges, zip ties, but NOT the force! That's for the bad guys!

Charlie

Thanks :) That was exactly what i was thinking,doing. I got very small hinges and a lock,It worked like a charm. I'm also hoping getting a small MP3 player and speaker,and make the radio work.

Keep in mind my is still in progress but just to have an idea

Looks fantastic man :) Ya my backpack is a little different,The radio is split into two box's underneath and the panal itself is full,But im getting around the hinges,gonna paint it black when screwed in and hopefully even tomorrow i should have a working radio (With the radio noises i found on youtube) Thanks alot man :) good luck with your backpack