30yr Anniversary the MEPD goes to its spiritual Home

supatroop

I was thinking the other day while looking at the deployed pictures at how cool it would be to get the MEPD to host an event in its own right and get as many of its members to all appear and get aN MEPD picture similar to Celebration.

Now i know logistically it would be a nightmare as we are all from different parts of the world but hey my moto is "never say never"

Next year is a Big year 30yr anniversary of StarWars ANH, now my guess is there will be an awful lot of events going on next year but it would be so cool for us the MEPD members to get togeter on Hallowed ground and pull off the Ultimate get together and Unique Picture ever seen in the History of the 501st at the home of StarWars ............ TUNISIA.

COME ON GUYS WE CAN DO THIS,

ANY HELP IN ORGANISING THIS ID BE WILLING TO DO AS MUCH AS I CAN.

From the US you are looking at 2000+ for the airfare, plus needing a travel visa, passport, hotel room, rental car(probably). Also realize that if I recall tunisia has some fairly stringent rules on weapons, which a lot of our blasters may fall under. As cool an idea as I think this is...you are probably looking at 3K+ to do it, possible 4k. THis is all based on quick and dirty math and price searches online.

cj

i REALLY like the idea of getting together in tunisia but it seems to be too expensive for the US members. sad but true, because a flight to the US is as exspensive for me as your flight over to tunisia or europe!

the second problem i see is that after you took thousands of pictures there is nothing else a complete garrison of TD´s can do in tunisia!

Just think of another possibility. See if you can bring back a coffee can of dirt and replace all the paint and fullers earth on our suits with real sand from "Tattooine".

Talk about being truly screen accurate.

the second problem i see is that after you took thousands of pictures there is nothing else a complete garrison of TD´s can do in tunisia!

I disagree my friend ........ P.A.R.T.Y.

im certain if we all booked into the same Hotel we would get a massive discount and be able to Chat to one another and sample the many delights of a beutiful country.

It doesnt have to be for a whole week maybe a 4 day Break.

Im sure that between us all we could come up with some great ideas to keep us all amused

WE CAN DO THIS

Let's see...

-car

-mortgage

-kid's college tuition

-trip to Tunisia

-groceries

anything else I'm missin? As much as I love this idea, something closer to home is more realistic for me. We should have a MEPDcon that the majority could agree to if we do this...

Let's see...

-car

-mortgage

-kid's college tuition

-trip to Tunisia

-groceries

anything else I'm missin? As much as I love this idea, something closer to home is more realistic for me. We should have a MEPDcon that the majority could agree to if we do this...

Brian,

If we buy two big enough bags we could fit in them. Can you hold your breath in the freezing cold for 25 hours of flight time?

Brian,

If we buy two big enough bags we could fit in them. Can you hold your breath in the freezing cold for 25 hours of flight time?

I think I have a better chance of confiscating a bantha or sandcrawler from the locals to get there

but a bantha would take much longer than an airplane... maybe we could confiscate a landspeeder from a upcoming jedi?

hmmmm, i will look what i can find when i get back to my post at the cityborder of mos eisley... no more "move along"!

• 1 month later...

having run my own travel agency in the uk the best best to get to tunisa from the us would be to fly to the uk and get a flight from the uk to tunisia, depending on the time of year off season flightwise you are looking at around maybe and this is a estimate based on travelling from calgary canada 1300 dollars maybe 1500 dollars(cdn), in the summer would be almost double that, i got the hookups for hotels in tunisia too from my travel agent days!!!! I could probably get a great deal!