Air filter part discussion

TD-1536

• 2 years later...
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a thought for a possible source for this part.

Last night I stumbled across some pics from the Derwent engine catalogue when I was looking at a link between the notched ring on the trooper backpack and the notched ring that holds the Derwent intercoolers in place – they’re the bits used for the Obi ANH sabre emitter.

Anyway – I noticed that the Derwent engine has an oil filter with an element that looks a dead ringer for this one – even down to the way the ends of each outer roll are rounded over:

Posted Image

We know that the Derwent parts turned up all over the place, so I am reasonably confident that this might be the actual source.

Anyway, just a thought, for what it’s worth.

Phil

Derwent,Rolls Royce's Derwent? :unsure:

i was just joking... didn´t want to sound offensive! sorry!

You missunderstand, what I was saying is that the home made version I built from scratch is not very good. I wasn't referring to the origional?

No prob at all Rocko. I would love to get my hands on a accurate filter. I am almost finished my back pack upgrade (waiting a day for bondo to fully cure) with Charlie's parts. His parts look so accurate, my filter really sticks out :(