Air filter part discussion

TD-1536

I'm working on making another, correctly proportioned pack. I'm going to make the pack in the following picture, because I have the Tupperware Stowe-N-go box and it's dead-on. Really cool to see it with all the other correctly sized parts... it's like it jumped off the movie screen!

Anyway, the air filter thing on the top left corner. I know Braks and Matt G threw around some ideas about what it is/was... but I now have to question that because they were using the older, larger TE main boxes. With the stow-n-go box and center tube positioned on the new accuratly sized main boxes (that Seth made the molds for), the remaining space is quite small... approx. three inches.

I also question if it's even round. There is pictorial evidence of a similarly equipped pack with an air filter thing, but it's clearly a flat item. Could it just be we 'think' it's round, when it's really flat?

Ideas? Suggestions?

In the attached picture, the top two and bottom right are all the same pack. The bottom right is a different pack with what looks like a similar part.

Posted Image

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it may be a slightly curved front, but it looks like it sits in a box or frame of some sort.

It looks more like fins inside a box than it does pleats. Although, that point could be argued either way.

I just found your link to the Sears filter. HERE.

I'll swing by there this weekend and see what I can find.

Hey guys, this is the pack i am in process of compiling parts for.I have loved this pack from the beginning and hope to come pretty close to cannon as possible....

could it be some kind of curved filter piece connected to to a base piece?and then the base connected to the pack somehow?possibly one piece?

Rats!! That's the pack I wanted to make

Make it anyway, so what.

I plan to make more than one pack. currently stockpiling parts and finishing up the radio face plate master.

Hi Rocko ,which for a part have you taken as air filter for your backpack ?

The air cleaners of the car (HR Sportluftfilter),please let it me know.

regards Bjoern

i found the part in an "OBI" market in the pool corner; it is called "filterkartusche" and looks like this:

Posted Image

i used cable connector strings (i don´t know the correct english word for it) and simply drilled holes in the main boxes...

i will post some picture later this day if i find the time and my new digicam...

i found the filter i showed in the swimming pool area in my local market.

they are used to keep the swimming pool clean and my market even had a small variety of sizes...

try to find something close in your local market with a pool section or try to get a car airfilter! mostly the slighly older cars had these tube filters...

First off, I hate Wal Mart.

However, I needed to pick up some more Devon epoxy and look what I found! Fram Air Filter, CA5056. It's flexible to make the round shape, the fins look right, it's long enough and it has enough material to make two!

Posted Image

Posted Image