Anyone Ever Seen a TD From Somewhere Other Than Tatooine?

freakengine

It just occurred to me that TDs would have to be deployed in other harsh desert environments, like Geonosis. It might look cool to weather a TD in Geonosis sand colors instead of the usual Tatooine colors. Then again, it might just look like I screwed up the tatooine weathering. Any thoughts? Has anyone ever seen this in any form (comic, costume, artwork)?

I've never heard of sandies being stationed on Endor before, so this is definitely a first for me. I know that they were suited for hot dry and humid climates, so it is feasible that perhaps they were on Endor after all (but I never saw any in the film).

I don't read any EU novels since "The Courtship of Princess Leia" so I wouldn't know about there but the comic books show "desert outfitted" Stormtroopers all the time. That is what I was talking about.

Felucia does kinda make sense, though.

I'd even go so far as to say that they'd be posted on Mustafar. Talk about your hostile environments! They'd probably look pretty cool too since they'd have plenty of scorch marks from the lava along with grime from all of that black dirt and sand.

• 1 month later...

We were, but most of the rebels had fled by then. The snowtroopers (Galactic marines in winter camaflouge, really) went in first and encoutered minimal resistance. We went after those few hard pockets that were left which the marines were unable to take care of.

On a side note, while wampas make for good target practice the meat is pretty tough and it's not long before you're sick of it.

fan fiction>

I say this with the hopes not to upset you all - But why the **** did they use sandtroopers to find the plans - They were on foot and Dewbacks moving really slow - wouldn't it have made more scence to send scout troopers on speeder bikes or atleast some AT-AT's. I know what your all going to say - the speeder bike would not function in the desert sand (clogging up it's air filter) - but lukes land speeder worked - didn't the empire have something faster than a dewback to get there troopers around in the dessert. It explains why they burned Lukes Aunt and Uncle when they found them - I'ld be pretty mad too after having to walk all that distance in the dessert.

Thanks,

jack v.

RedFox@optonline.net

why the **** did they use sandtroopers to find the plans - They were on foot and Dewbacks moving really slow -

I'd rather know how they got so dirty so quickly. In the cursed "Special" edition, the landing craft is just dusting off and all of those guys are already filthy. Must be something about that plastisteel. Hmmm.

• 2 weeks later...

the "imposters" shouldn't have stood so close th the dewback...that makes for bad weathering and man one **** of a stink!!! I am with mike on this one everytime i see them...man...booo...

• 8 months later...