Latex Cheese-grater Handplates

Hi everyone;

Someone over on FISD made mention that these do exist. Does anyone here have any for purchase, can make them, or knows where to get them if they do in fact exist?

Thanks so much!

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Karin has retired. A Florida garrison member has filled in her shoes. Joseph over on whitearmor.net has a for sale section. Doesn't AM provide ABS cheese-grater hand plates with their kits? I'm sure if someone donated a set to Joseph he could use them as inspiration to make a latex version.

Karin has retired. A Florida garrison member has filled in her shoes. Joseph over on whitearmor.net has a for sale section. Doesn't AM provide ABS cheese-grater hand plates with their kits? I'm sure if someone donated a set to Joseph he could use them as inspiration to make a latex version.

Good info thanks. How do I get hold of AM?

I have never seen latex cheesegraters... I do know some makers pull them out of abs or hips, but not sure who still does.

Anyway, just in case you are interested, cheesegrater hand plates are still in the gray area. Meaning that no one has proved, afaik, that they actually existed. Some ppl believe it was just some gaffers taped that got used instead of an actual part, or maybe just scrap plastic use as a repair.

I think either of these theories are more probable than actually designing and producing a part to place instead of the real handplate.

If you are going for the looks of it, hope you find a supplier. If you wish to dig up some other's research and theories, about 6 years ago it was a popular topic over here. Maybe you can find some useful info or thread. If I am able to, I will try to dig it up later...

Saludos

Hey, just did a quick research (I found time)... and I think we have it all wrong.

For me, it seems that the cheesegrater handplate is some sort of small tray, part of something else, just like scrap part, added to the glove.
I can see some depth with a rim coming forward, and some sort of tube like thing going in zig zag up and down in the tray.

I think it is all one singe part. so probably the base or lid of soemthing else... here is a picture of an HD screengrab, and a quick drawing I did. My drawing is not that accurate, but does show the main shape I see...

Particularly the shadows casted show a shape different than the one on the traditional shaped cheesegrater.

post-1761-0-99459200-1457466651_thumb.pn

post-1761-0-34203500-1457466674_thumb.jp

What do you think?

Saludos.

I'm thinking it was some sort of flexible piece....probably laying around....maybe even the remnant of a latex mold for another costume. Then with the image that Juan drew out could have been same item flipped over and your seeing old glue lines. It's kinda how I would've glued it to a glove. Or could be the finish off of the latex pour.