New td

dirtytrooper1967

Hi everyone, my name is Keith, and I'm from Phoenix Az. I'm 48 years old, and I saw ANH at the age of 10 on the big screen. From then on, I was hooked on the Mos Eisley scenes and the sandtrooper. All these years later, I'm finally living the dream! I'm finally ordering my armor kit from RS, and piecing the backpack together with a starter kit from another vendor. I can't wait for my unboxing day. I plan on sharing that and giving updates on the build itself. I would appreciate any suggestions along the way. I'm looking forward to the really big day when I get my application approved and eventually get my I'd #. Anyway, I look forward to talking with you all. Have a great evening, and thanks for listening folks!

Hey Kieth, wow, you got the itch too i see. lol. Welcome to the MEPD bro. Take your time and have fun. RS is a great rig.

I would definitely go shopping for a good set of lexan scissors, e6000 glue, some clamps, rare earth magnets,a good exacto knife, but i prefer a good box cutter,ruler, straight edge, some masking tape, pencil,and a bottle of asprin :P kidding, but that should get ya started. Again, have fun bro. :D

Welcome to the sandbox Keith!!!

Aside from the tools The Trooper mentioned, I would start reading as much as you can!!!! There are tons of build threads for both armor and the pack. And weathering threads to :)

Good luck and have fun!!!

Baron

Your local garrison is the Dune Sea Garrison. > http://duneseagarrison.com/

Join their forum > http://duneseagarrison.com/commlink/

They can help you out with the build as well. It is great to have someone who you can call up or text when you need help on little details. Instead of coming and posting here all the time. (I'm speaking from experience)

It will also be one of them that will be the one to approve your armor. Works out if the one that helps you get approved is the one that you had help from.

Good afternoon everyone, and I appreciate the welcome I have gotten! I have already contacted the garrison GML and he is ready to help. With regards to the back pack, I have made contact with tk386 (Charlie). I have requested pricing for the kit. I welcome any advice on the backpack, as I am willing to do everything to SWAT standards from the beginning. Thanks again guys!