Rubbing Sniperplate....

Beefie

Hey everyone! I have a quick question:

I recently got into the 501st and have been trooping as much as i can (and i travel across state for it) one thing thats bugging me (but my brothers and sisters in arms find funny) is my sniperplate rubs on my thigh plate.... when it rubs it makes that horrid noise of plastic scratching on plastic.... (cant really tell when kids are screaming and laughing but when just the group walking quietly... you can find me)

Any suggestions to stop that from happening? I dont really want to shave it down or anything want to keep the thick look to the sniper plate... any suggestions would rock! Thank you kindly!

TD-91414

You can always put a piece of foam in the thigh armor behind the left knee. That will pull the front of the thigh closer to your leg. Pics will help, but that might solve your issue.

sorry for no pics (im at work doing this) hopefully tonight I can get to doing this, however the plate is parallel to the leg actually... i assume the angle will help it a bit?

im also a lil guy lol so i might try to put some white foam in there now and dirty it up a bit :P Thank you!

No prob.

I don't know how other people have done it.

My "rocket scientist" designed the sniper plate with the dual spring assembly. It is secure at the bottom spring. And the top spring is semi-secured. The springs allow the plate to twist and flex when it bumps against the thigh.

No prob.

I don't know how other people have done it.

My "rocket scientist" designed the sniper plate with the dual spring assembly. It is secure at the bottom spring. And the top spring is semi-secured. The springs allow the plate to twist and flex when it bumps against the thigh.

Quite a clever fix!