New trooper reporting

jdelaney

Hi everyone,

TK 10290 checking in. I've been thinking for a good while now to convert my current TK into a TD. I've been talking to a fellow local retired trooper who might be selling his sandy to me, however I only have pictures of the backpack. What do you guys think about it? The frame is made from plastic tube rather than the metal frame work of a camping backpack. The faceplate for the radio was sculpted and vac formed but other retired trooper in my area. It also has the tupperware lid.

IMG_9799.jpg

IMG_9800.jpg

IMG_9801.jpg

IMG_9802.jpg

The sandy armour is FX with a RT mod helmet, which I know parts are no longer acceptable for clearance, but like I said I will be looking to convert my current TK.

I'm not 100% on what would need to be changed, parts I know would be the abs, sniper plate, hand plates (though I currently use white silicone rather than painted latex), remove drop boxes, shoulder bridges, holster.

I would be interested in shimming the sides as well, as my current TK there is no shims.

DSCF6038.jpg

DSCF6032.jpg

AS far as I know, the FX armor is still cleared once you do the mods, and mods to go Sandy are more extensive obviously, but it can be done.

The pack dose not look too bad. Most packs are NOT metal frames and are usually PVC, mine is so that is no problem. There are a few things you could change on it to make it more accurate though.

However, instead of buying someone's older FX, depending on price of course, have you considered maybe just picking up a new kit and building it yourself from a new kit?

Just a few thoughts :)

Anyway, good luck!!!

Baron

AS far as I know, the FX armor is still cleared once you do the mods, and mods to go Sandy are more extensive obviously, but it can be done.

The pack dose not look too bad. Most packs are NOT metal frames and are usually PVC, mine is so that is no problem. There are a few things you could change on it to make it more accurate though.

However, instead of buying someone's older FX, depending on price of course, have you considered maybe just picking up a new kit and building it yourself from a new kit?

Just a few thoughts :)

Anyway, good luck!!!

Baron

Thanks for getting back to me Baron,

My main reason for not picking up a new kit and converting my current TK to TD is mainly cash flow, but also as my TK is my first ever build I would like to extend the longevity of it as it is made from 1.5mm HIPS its looking rather battle scared and the cracks and repairs are getting noticeable. My thinking is to hide these with weathering.

With regards to the pack how much work would be needed to make it more accurate?