New server platform...new problems

Felice

I don't know where the problem is (probably missing some scripts on the new Server) but still we are on the new platform i have coding Problems.

I can't read what i write if i start a reply to an existing Topic. If i start a new Topic i can read what i write.

Second issue: we have 1-3 spam users each week. that's a Little bit too much, isn't it?

So the writing problem is the biggest one for me:-( it doesn't make a lot of fun to stay here :confused:

is it just me who has this Problem?

Thanks and cheers

Felix

I have been reporting the spammers, and they are usually removed a few hours after I report them.

I like to think of them as Yoda is spamming. Or IG88 is writing some really bad fanfiction.

The multiple coding errors are still at the top of the page as well.

I haven't checked to see the forum on mobile.

Are the issues when you use tapatalk?

I don't have the issue on mobile.

I use the regular browser on mobile as well.

EDIT - just reported spam - It was removed in less than ten minutes.

Still have this at the top

Warning: Illegal string offset 'p_start' in /home/mepd/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_32/skin_topic.php on line 1246

Warning: Illegal string offset 'id' in /home/mepd/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_32/skin_topic.php on line 1246

Warning: Illegal string offset 'id' in /home/mepd/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_32/skin_topic.php on line 1246

Warning: Illegal string offset 'seo' in /home/mepd/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_32/skin_topic.php on line 1246

Warning: Illegal string offset 'p_title' in /home/mepd/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_32/skin_topic.php on line 1246

Warning: Illegal string offset 'name' in /home/mepd/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_32/skin_topic.php on line 1246

Warning: Illegal string offset 'p_end' in /home/mepd/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_32/skin_topic.php on line 1246

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/mepd/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_32/skin_topic.php:1246) in /home/mepd/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/mepd/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_32/skin_topic.php:1246) in /home/mepd/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/mepd/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_32/skin_topic.php:1246) in /home/mepd/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/mepd/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_32/skin_topic.php:1246) in /home/mepd/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/mepd/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_32/skin_topic.php:1246) in /home/mepd/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141

Should have seen the one on Sunday. Practically filled the top half of the page.

No issues now.

Cool. You can always pm me here on FISD if you see weirdness.

Or email:

Eric@hawiianseamonkey.com

Or make Rick text me :)

-Eric

• 1 month later...

Hay, got something wonky just now.

I'm on mobile using my iPhone

Took a screen grab of the different things.

I don't have the forum bookmarked, so just typed in MEPD Forum.

Clicked on link.

This popped up first

91c49efb00e04948a8684acd315ec711_zpsuhu0

Then this popped up

4e6d1fc5fdc74c424b17ea6704007234_zpsv1sd

I closed out the window and started over and things are the way they should be.

just to try and maybe give you more to work with - I checked it out on iPad. Nothing happened. Came straight here.

I don't have my laptop which is a Windows machine, so can't see if it is limited to apple.

SLD is having a similar problem and I cannot... cannot... figure it out.

I'm 99% that if you google MEPD and then clink on the forum link you'll get redirected to some crapass site. It should only happen once and then never again until you got to a different machine. I can't find anything in the cookies that prevents it from happening after the first time.

I think its on the forum side because the google URL looks valid.

Maybe a forum upgrade will help? Per-PLEXED!

It should be OS independent.

-Eric

We had it happen at another forum a year ago. Some research showed that is was in some installation on a users computer, but several had reported it was on their mobile, and they had not installed anything and their devices were not jail broken.

Ill go poke around to see how it was solved.

Edit - this may not be any help, but this is what happened.

An admin account was hacked - but it did not appear hacked to the admin. The account was left alone and password was not changed.

However, something was done to the background or banner that some of the coding was edited so when the page for the forum showed up, it would redirect to nsfw sites - and surprise that "file store 321" site.

Edit of the second -I have been informed that it wasn't the banner. It was the skin.

We had it happen at another forum a year ago. Some research showed that is was in some installation on a users computer, but several had reported it was on their mobile, and they had not installed anything and their devices were not jail broken.

Ill go poke around to see how it was solved.

Edit - this may not be any help, but this is what happened.

An admin account was hacked - but it did not appear hacked to the admin. The account was left alone and password was not changed.

However, something was done to the background or banner that some of the coding was edited so when the page for the forum showed up, it would redirect to nsfw sites - and surprise that "file store 321" site.

Edit of the second -I have been informed that it wasn't the banner. It was the skin.

Ok. I'm going to start drinking now and get back to you when I sober up.

-Eric