*ACTIVATED* TD-16080 requesting SWAT Deployment #39

Strider

@ Constantin -- Awesome rig you have here, Brother! Could you add just a few more weathering accents just right underneath the brow? Not too much though. It could just be the lighting, but it looks a little 'too clean'. (?)

If you already have it weathered, can you take another shot to show the detail? Great work! You are pretty much there! :td: :thumbsup:

20160107_194954_resized_zpsqenaq3ae.jpg

Hi Constantin!

Thank you very much for your patience. We have been discussing your application and feel that we are now ready to move forward.

Let's continue....

MEPD SWAT OFFICER: application review part 2

Name: Constantin Slotty

Legion ID#: TD16080

Forum Name: Strider

Garrison: German Garrison

ANH Sandtrooper selected: Cantina Captain

HELMET

CHECKED & CLEARED

ARMOR

CHECKED & CLEARED

BACKPACK

CHECKED & CLEARED

WEAPON

CHECKED & CLEARED

**Reviews from Senior Commanders in Progress**

PLEASE STAND BY.......

Constantin, it is my honor to officially activate you as the FIRST SWAT OFFICER in 2016!

I really enjoyed my first SWAT approval with you and hopefully you too!?

Your hard work and your attention to detail on your build has been carefully evaluated and

inspected. You have met all the requirements to place you among the MEPD's Finest.

Thank you again for your patience throughout this process but you can now take your

place amongst the SWAT Troopers! Well done.

Please submit a picture that you would like to use for your SWAT profile to Luis (Sandman TIGUI; TD5044)

to help get you properly processed onto the SPECIAL WEAPONS & TACTICS Unit Members Page.

Congratulations on successfully taking the next step as a proud member of the SANDTROOPER ELITE!

Please gather your gear, charge your weapon and report to the 'Ready Room' to await further orders.

WELCOME ABOARD, SWAT OFFICER #039

Thank you all my brothers! I love this place and the sense of brotherhood that we all share. First off, some special thanks are in order; Rick, Michael, thanks for your support guiding me through the SWAT challenge :) Rick Adams for being a pal from day one and his unselfish support and help. Of course, my Squad buddies from the Geman SWAT Team - love our nerdy conversation about accuracy ;-) But last and foremost I'd like to thank Felix. It is as well an honor as well as a lucky coinicidence to be deployed by you because it was an article you wrote a while back that got me started into joining the 501st, Prop Building and wanting to become a Sandtrooper. And boy, that has been the start of an exciting journey.

When I first read his article about how it all started for him I just thought 'Hey, that's cool'. But to be honest - if it would have been possible to order a SWAT Sandie over Amazon I would have done that. Fortunately though, this is not the case (and never will be!), so I started like we all have, doing a ton of research and finally getting a KIT which was really a first timer for me (I haven't even done much models as a kid). From that point on my the force awoke (lol) and my ambition grew. It kind of sucked that I was dependend on so many people for smaller tasks that I pretty much used Youtube to teach myself the stuff I needed; KIT building, weathering and painting techniques, sewing, Arduino electronics for blasters, etc. I think too often we're to afraid of messing up that we don't even start. On my journey I have learned that this is a grave mistake; of course, failure ist part of the journey and it will never be perfect on the first try but you just have to fail until you get it right.

The main lesson for me was not just about getting into Star Wars and learning about prop building but stretching one self and (sorry for using this cheesy phrase) knowing that you can do anything you set your mind to. And that's the kind of experience that I wish to all people who are new and come to this place.

Allright, the next patrol is calling and I have to get by dewback ready!

Cheers,

:td: Strider / TD-16080 :salute:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A troopers work is ne'er done...just to share some updates I've done on my pack and a final pic of my armor.

Changes to backpack: Original vintage Syphon, new exhaust port, new wet wipe bottles and caps, new (original) radar dish. Still missing: original Sonix radio ;-)

SWAT_back_zpsnvertqnu.jpg

SWAT_Front_zpsicfd2ul8.jpg

Cheers