Starbucks TD Build

Starbuck_

Hi fellow TD's

I'm Starting my build - not sure if this is the correct area for this, however, i'll post my pics and updates and please let me know if need to adjust anything

A couple Months ago I purchased MTK armor and when I have spare time I Move along with the build

DSC00946_zpse1ofrqut.jpg

DSC00947_zpsjs7zdeu7.jpg

DSC00948_zpscvivf9us.jpg

IMAG0004_zpshyzlcncd.jpg

IMAG0005_zpsp5xlkusi.jpg

IMAG0010_zpsv1nnvusp.jpg

IMAG0011_zpsqldpcxf2.jpg

I will suggest also to paint black the inside of the helmet to avoid light refraction on the face.

Sometimes happens that the face is fully visible through the helmet green lenses: painting the interior of the helmet in black will fix it (and You do not need to wear a balaclava) :thumbsup:

This is my first full suit up with some quick self pics - Please provide input

• Should my shoulder bells go closer towards my white shoulder straps more?
  • I'm thinking of removing the bottom shoulder bell lip to bring it closer towards my arm? I haven't installed the shoulder bell arm straps yet so they do stick out a bit
  • My chest plate, i think is to high it could come down a bit ?
  • Is the back plate height ok?
  • Anything else?

DSC00956_zpsg56issmd.jpg

DSC00958_zpssi1fftr2.jpg

DSC00957_zpsdh6md9jc.jpg

I will suggest also to paint black the inside of the helmet to avoid light refraction on the face.

Sometimes happens that the face is fully visible through the helmet green lenses: painting the interior of the helmet in black will fix it (and You do not need to wear a balaclava) :thumbsup:

I don't think i want to wear one in hot weather - so will put it on the list

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Update

received Pauldron and neck seal

I Noticed after the pics that my chest and back plate are on an angle this is due to different settings for height adjustment, one side was on the wrong setting

post-6297-0-74603700-1443757838_thumb.jp

post-6297-0-66180400-1443758011_thumb.jp

post-6297-0-43132900-1443758029_thumb.jp

Dear Mum and Dad

Sorry it has taken this long to reply, but i have been posted for training at the Newly completed Death Star near Tatoonie which is near the outer rim.

Finally I past my tests and graduated last month. We have received our new Armour suits last week which they make us polish and clean everyday. If you get caught by you know who, with a dirty suit it's one week in the Garbage Room for maintenance checks under the cell blocks...LOL. glad i haven't been sent there

We still need to do more field training but I wont know for a couple a days where that will be.

Well I'm learning fast not to borrow my gear out, my room mate TD(has been censored) asked to borrow my new Bucket, that's a helmet for you Civ's !.. he said his was in getting repaired ! well I fell that trick....apparently they did training in the Tatoonie desert and got called out to some moisture farmers that had a Droid issues... anyway I've attached some pictures of how he returned it !

It will take weeks to clean it !

I'll send some updates in a week or so

Starbuck

IMAG0034_zpsngyqibmr.jpg

IMAG0035_zps3uzub6om.jpg

IMAG0036_zpszj7fjmc2.jpg

• 1 month later...

Guys, please review

Points I know:

Back Pack not built, parts have arrived - NO shoulder pouch attached (but do have)

Working on a better system for shoulder bells attachment

How's the dirt look?

Cheers

Rich

Starwars-12_zpsqxurqfwp.jpg

Starwars-1_zpseporjadl.jpg

Starwars-2_zpspei1bxiz.jpg

Starwars-3_zpspk3po6hr.jpg

Starwars-5_zpsjozbj8u3.jpg

Starwars-11_zpsc91b2puk.jpg

Starbuck,

If you want some feedback here goes.

Your chest seems to be sitting a little low. This can be fixed by shortening your shoulder straps between chest and upper back. This will make it look loads better.

Your shoulders are also a little too far out, try shortening the strap or distance between the shoulder bell and the white shoulder strap this will bring them up higher and closer in to your chest.

Are your biceps large on your body, coz your armour biceps seem huge. Maybe they could be reduced in circumference which would help the shoulders also sit better.

Looks great though mate, and these points won't affect you're wearing or clearance, they are just pointers for more accuracy.

Starbuck, If you want some feedback here goes. Your chest seems to be sitting a little low. This can be fixed by shortening your shoulder straps between chest and upper back. This will make it look loads better. Your shoulders are also a little too far out, try shortening the strap or distance between the shoulder bell and the white shoulder strap this will bring them up higher and closer in to your chest. Are your biceps large on your body, coz your armour biceps seem huge. Maybe they could be reduced in circumference which would help the shoulders also sit better. Looks great though mate, and these points won't affect you're wearing or clearance, they are just pointers for more accuracy.

Thanks Nick and LoveMonkey, agree I made different settings for the chest so will bring up.

Did you attach the bells to the white straps? I have a separate black strap that attaches to the back plate and chest but appears to slip down causing this issues

@ Richard - Excellent progress so far! You are definitely getting sound advice and well on your way! Just follow the guidance of our experienced TDs, Troop!

Looking forward to having you you join us here in the Precinct soon, Good luck! :td: :thumbsup:

Hey man, your build is looking good so far. Here are a few things:

Pretty much everything Nick said. Your chest piece could be a little higher, and it will make you look a little taller. You are also missing the three buttons next to the ab part, but we will just assume you have not put it on yet.

I think your weathering looks great! I would add another color or two to even it out though. Probably go on the lighter side of color to add a little more "sandy" or "dusty" look to it, otherwise looks great.

The biceps do look a little big. Do you have much room in them? It also kinda looks like you left a lot of return edge on the bottom of your shoulder bells. trimming some of that down will get them closer to your biceps and not make them stick out quite as far. A lot of people use "whopper poppers" (I do) to attach them to the elastic strap. You could shorten the strap in the bells to bring them in closer to, as previously mentioned.

Great looking kit. Your almost there!!!

Baron

Yep Ab buttons are attached now

Not much room in the biceps but I think I will trim the bells more off the edge to get them closer in and arrange my strapping better

Good point about the lighter colour

Thanks

So before the big event happens (501st Approval) I wanted to share some " on the job" work experience photo's with you

*Got my BFG now.....i'll pick up some Slave leia's Now.....Think i'll see whats what going on over there..

Starwars-17_zpsxx0eslme.jpg

Mmmm......*Well that's interesting, LOL

Starwars-14_zpsomycfrk1.jpg

Hehe... looks like fun, gotta try..... wait, whats that ! ...

Starwars-13_zpsjfgpqe0t.jpg

*Droids?!!.... " Squad leader, this Starbuck, I've spotted droids in grid reference AA221C near the Mos Eisly Cantina, please assist..Click ....Squad leader...Click...."..........*Dammit....there the Droids we're looking for... I have to...where's my ammo... "yep, if ya wanted done right .... do it yourself...!"

Starwars-16_zpsms2czorm.jpg

*Ok.......now your gonna get it......STOP

Starwars-15_zpsfnnzppu2.jpg

"Reference Photo has been removed / censored by the imperial media division - Death Star, Outer Rim, Tantooine sector.."

Sir....Droids...we called out to stop but...

Starwars-19_zpsqdwnrjqz.jpg

*Yep....Back to Traffic duty..........."Move along".......

Starwars-18_zpspo1ns9i6.jpg

• 4 weeks later...