Pauldron Helmet Issue

Having an issue with clearance from my bucket and the pauldron. I have no issues moving my head around without the pauldron. But putting the pauldron on I can't move my head down at all without nudging the bucket out of placement from my head. Can't really put any more padding in the helmet because it will leave me with no vision. Wondering what people have done in this instance especially with smaller necks. I have a Trooper1 pauldron.

I have been having this issue. We sort of solved it by gently heating the top part of the breast plate, along the neckline and shoulder tabs and pressing down a little towards my chest. This brought the top of the chest down so the pauldron rested on it.

I also installed a better chin strap that I scrapped from a pasgt helmet. This really pulls my helmet on. But I have to just bend at the waist if I'm gonna look around or pick something up. It's just the way it has to be.

Yup... and this is the real reason why Stormtroopers and Sandtroopers are not very precise while shooting.

Fortunately we have heavy weapons, so and at the end we are way more precise than our clean and shiny counterparts. :thumbsup:

I also had this problem recently at first I thought it was the pauldron but then I noticed that when I built my helmet the entrance was to tight under the chin that I had to really force my head in and turn the helmet but then I had vision issues, I thought if I cut it I would mess up the helmet but I took the chance and cut a little more beneath ( between the chin and the neck) the chin area and the helmet fell right into place I even was able to remove some of the padding from the inside for more space. now my helmet fits better , the chin is not resting on the pauldren and I have more freedom of movement.

Yes, this happens.

We are wearing a costume that looked cool in the movies. Not a functionality issue.

This is something that is the same with all Sandies unless you are lucky enough to have a long neck line, then it will fit better.

Most of us are average neck lengths though so this is a common issue.