Ammo pouch over shoulder?

Weird question. I read up on attaching the ammo pouch over the left shoulder. I read usually lot of people attach it to the field backpack...

Well I don't have a backpack yet (plan on getting it beginning of next year) How do some of you attach your ammo pouch then? Im curious on what you do and pictures would be great! Thank you in advance!

I just live without it of I don't have my pack on. I try to always wear my pack but have gone without it recently (once on stage with Weird Al and once when I barely had room to walk in a dense crowd and had been bashing it into people)

If I don't have a backpack, then I attach it via an elastic loop to my left shoulder armor strap that goes from the shoulder straps to the shoulder armor. The elastic loop can be "opened or closed" with some velcro that I sewed onto the ends of the elastic strip.

I have done it two ways, but a third way that one of my garrison mates uses is a better option.

1. I found some full length velcro wrap-strap. I looped it through the pouch loops and wore it around my shoulder. The problem with that was the loop would roll around and the pouch would drop out of position.

2. I thought myself clever and used velcro right to my chest--industrial adhesive type. That worked great until the heat loosened up the adhesive.

3. A buddy in the DSG showed me what he does: A small velcro loop through the pouch loop and around the shoulder bell strap. It seems to stay in place without pulling down on the shoulder bell. EDIT: Just like bdgr above said.

You are all amazing I tried to rig a holster type thing sewed it and did a button snap to keep it in place but didn't work to my liking I'll try the small loop and shoulder strap! Thank you so much again!