E-11 holster

eddieharr

The Person who helped me with my sandtrooper always got annoyed when I mention the holster for my armor, He would say..Sandtroopers dont wear holsters, and then told me too hide it somewhere, so I dont think so but maybe some one else can can give us both the right answer.

Thing is, do you want to go 501st level, Police officer or uber accurate swat?

For 501st entry level, you dont need a pack. So you can wear the shoulder pouch attached to your shoukder strap or shoulder bell, or however it works for you.

If you want to go PO, you would need a pack, cause it is requiered by the CRL and we think a sandtrooper, in order to represent what a sndtrooper should be, needs a pack. Pouch is wore on the shoulder, attached to the pack shoulder strap most of the times, as that was the way they did in 76 and makes it actually a lot easier, but you cam use any method you want.

Now, if you want to go SWAT or uber accurate, the pack depends on the trooper you want to emulate. And the pouch needs to be attached to the pack strap, that way, no pack means no pouch.

And... About the holster, no sandtrooper has ever been seen wearing one. It is not allowed for canon or CRL levels... You could use it in non canon events, but then, why go sandtrooper to use a holster?

Saludos.

At the moment I have no interest in going police officer or swat. What is the benefits? Bragging rights? :)

As for holster, if may not be canon, but it makes sense for them to have it more than not :) I mean come on, what sheriff in the wild west didnt have a gun holster!? haha

Well, most of us use BFGs... So, no need of holsters.

The benefits of the PO and SWAT programs are, besides the bragging rights, are to go further into the hobby and character. For most of us here, researching and building is as important as trooping. Sometimes more.

Sandtroopers of the MEPD are proud of being very welcoming community, but also take a lot of pride in our researchs and builds, standing, as a community, as a high bench mark for the costuming world. Not just the 501st.

So, its just in the MEPD dna to strive for more accuratw costumes. Our founding members were the firts ones in the 501st to actualy declare that the bare minumin was not enough. Even if that minimun was consider as professional level back in those days.

So... If you Just hang around for some time, you will see how the accuracy bug bites you.

;)

Enjoy bro, and get and build the armor that makes you happy. That is what this is all about.

Saludos.

Juan

Couldn't agree more. I don't think 'bragging rights' give you enough motivation to spend all this time and effort getting your gear in shape. It's the process that counts, learning new techniques, materials and tools. I don't want to stress it since you've only asked a question about a holster but if you give it a try you may find that it's the beginning of an exciting journey. Cheers

Can a sandtrooper carry a E-11 holster? I ask because I cant find any information on this, and do not see it listed in the costume reference library. Thanks for any help.

You can't be approved with one based on the CRLs, but don't let that stop you from having one for non-canon events, which are most of the trooping events. Just use loops like the TK ESB holsters, so you can easily put it on or off.

As for PO or SWAT, people do it for all different reasons. Some for the challenge, others for status and being able to purchase PO/SWAT specific merchandise, and others may just want a super accurate Sandtrooper. It is just a personal choice if you want to go for PO or SWAT.