Felixdario's TM Cantina Captain

Felixdario

Allright guys, after a long time of planning, waiting and dreaming i'm finally ready to start my project. I choose the Cantina Captain because i think he is a great trooper to emulate. I like his helmet, the armour and the dlt-19. He also likes to hang out in cantinas just as me :D

First goal is 501st approvement and PO till episode VII. Next goal will be SWAT of course;) should be easy with this great armor :P , thanks again Paul :D :D

image_zpsu7n5adq6.jpg

My desk, tidy as always ;)

image_zpsol6kqpc7.jpg

image_zpsli1owttv.jpg

image_zpso5d2yrma.jpg

image_zpss6tglelr.jpg

If you have any tips i'll be grateful to hear them. This is my first trooper, so there will be lots of questions to be answered ;)

A little list of my parts. I still have no shoes, dlt-19 and backpack but thats just a matter of time! And money :D

Armor: TM

Pauldron: Trooper1

Pouches: Blaster 8266

Neckseal: Darman

Handguards: Karin

Greetings

Felix

• 3 weeks later...

allright guys, i've done a little bit more homework. Arms plus shoulders are complete, so i started with the funny part, the ears! Only 6-7 hours and a sleepless night later the impossible was done;) i've tried to emulate the inexactness of the original in the best possible way and i'm really happy with the result.

image_zpsx0bv7s6d.jpg

image_zpsrscxho9a.jpg

image_zpsummzilzg.jpg

image_zpsdemjo1tl.jpg

assembled and almost ready for the white finish...

image_zpsssnrgcls.jpg

...just a few more paint chips, covered with masking fluid, and of course with reference pics;)

image_zpstafcipe0.jpg

...and i've build me a holder to paint the helmet, looks like game of thrones, i know. That's why i call him Eddard :D

image_zpsxotutpne.jpg

And after the white layer...

image_zpslwonhfxf.jpg

Tomorrow i'll do the finishing touch. So, more pics will follow!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, i need your opinion. As i'm painting the helmet at the moment i've watched closely the cantina captain scenes. you can clearly see that on the right ear the right bump is painted black.

image_zpsogfrfjao.jpg

So i thought it must be the same on the other side. But on this shot it seems that the rear bump is black and the bump on the front is grey. Could be shadows, as the cantina is very poor lighted :) what do you think???

image_zpstopw2del.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Yes, i'm still alive :) and i wasn't inactive in the past few weeks.

image_zpstavi2ysb.jpg

first test-fitting today, not the most comfortable suit i've ever worn, but could be worse

image_zpsdjbi0fx6.jpg

image_zpsrgg2jv1b.jpg

image_zpsmczxmfcf.jpg

The perfectly trained stormdoggy will find the droids we're looking for, if they smell of cat

image_zpsjwbhqg2u.jpg

I'm happy for all critics and comments. I want to emulate the captain as close as possible, so please be rigorous with me :D

Imperial greetings

I was wondering were you where hiding, lol.

Armor looks spot on, fantastic job bro! Also noticed you've learned from my 'mistake' with the belt ;-)

Just one thing; if it's possible I would try to make the shins have a more tapered form but this is really a tiny detail.

Well, done! Now comes the best part: The weathering :)

• 3 weeks later...

Just back from holidays and here are the newest weathering pics!

Helmet is ready!

image_zps5s6nwn4w.jpeg

image_zpsjqnbls6z.jpeg

I've the first layer of dirt on the complete armor, but i will make pics when i'm finished.

For weathering i use a sponge, paper towel, a brush and three different colors of dirt.

Just back from holidays and here are the newest weathering pics!

Helmet is ready!

image_zps5s6nwn4w.jpeg

image_zpsjqnbls6z.jpeg

I've the first layer of dirt on the complete armor, but i will make pics when i'm finished.

For weathering i use a sponge, paper towel, a brush and three different colors of dirt.

Awesome job man!!! Glad to see your build coming along so great!

Thanks, I'm emulating the cantina Captain, he's got the dlt and the same armor as the docking bay captain, that's why i used the reference pic with the t-21. the cantina is too dark, can't see much of the captain :D

• 5 weeks later...