Packs On A Budget

DirtyBoy

Hey troops, I know there's been lots of talk about inexpensive pack builds and stuff. I'd love to see what everyone can come up with or used as their first pack. The lower the cost the better :)

Let's have fun with it

I threw my first pack together for submission in a couple of hours total. Two days including drying time for the paint. I actually had the seed trays from Crashman, but I could have easily used some disposable tupperware. I've since replaced the Radio and Cistern with parts from the Chief (Dirty Boy). And removed the tape I had holding it all together. ;)

I used a single wide electrical box and a pipe from an old vacuum cleaner, a radio shack project box, lysol wipes, tupperware pudding cups from ebay, a faucet cover I had, an old first aid kit with various plastic lids glued on, another vaccum pipe, a soup to-go container from a restaurant, a lid from some bondo resin I had, and the typical PVC for the frame. Oh, and packpack straps from my son's old backpack. all in all, I think I paid less than $30 because I was able to use things laying around the house. The biggest cost at this point was the primer and paint.

16k40ap.jpg

• 4 months later...