CRL 2015

DirtyBoy

Can I just ask a couple of questions that you put on the recommendations for new CRL please.

On item 6 you mention modified wetsuit ! Can you please expand on this, and are you saying that we sgould be wearing an actual wet suit now. My understanding was that the actual under armour suits were that of cloth made materials and not the wetsuit type.

On item 2 you mention height requirement of between 5'8 and 5'11. Isn't this being discriminative against those who are that bit smaller or bigger in height !

Regards. Scott

Hey Scott. Both those items were only suggestions bro. We wrote all that came in on the list. Then we went through a few and crossed them out because they were a little crazy. Those two are not up for a vote brother

Thanks to the whole CS to make this poll possible!!

I think that is what i meant with my "Are we accurate enough" Topic. We need some new standards for the higher level....

Just a quick check in from your friendly neighborhood LMO. You are correct that the LMO team has the final word on CRL changes.

There are several that I see on there that will 100% NOT be allowed. We don't include internal construction requirements (helmet foam pattern) or any restrictions on height or weight. Additionally, we try to keep minimal standards just that -- minimal. So if you want to have a wetsuit required for SWAT that's fine, but it would not be permitted for minimal level approval.

I'll go through the individual threads and comment on them as applicable, but wanted to get this out there.

Brian, appreciate your input here but you've posted the same spiel on almost every thread stating that this change would not be allowed for basic requirement, but most, if not all the changes that have been suggested, are referring to the Police Officer and SWAT programs only. And not basic 501st acceptance.

This is another thing that gets me about this with people getting their panties in a bunch saying that people are going to be scared away from doing a TD. NO-one has ever suggested (as far as I'm aware) any of these major changes to the "MEPD" Crl as being for standard 501st acceptance of a costume. They are only for the "optional" MEPD Police Officer and SWAT programs that no one is forced to enter.

Hey troops please spread the word and get your brothers and sisters to vote. I really would love to hear everyone's voice on the proposed changes. Let's make that voice heard for future generations of sandtroopers.

Hey troops please spread the word and get your brothers and sisters to vote. I really would love to hear everyone's voice on the proposed changes. Let's make that voice heard for future generations of sandtroopers.

Been doing it!

Gotten a few guys to login again and vote.

*the barista at Starbucks just looked at me funny though.

Brian, appreciate your input here but you've posted the same spiel on almost every thread stating that this change would not be allowed for basic requirement, but most, if not all the changes that have been suggested, are referring to the Police Officer and SWAT programs only. And not basic 501st acceptance.

This is another thing that gets me about this with people getting their panties in a bunch saying that people are going to be scared away from doing a TD. NO-one has ever suggested (as far as I'm aware) any of these major changes to the "MEPD" Crl as being for standard 501st acceptance of a costume. They are only for the "optional" MEPD Police Officer and SWAT programs that no one is forced to enter.

I know it was pretty repetitive, but experience has shown me that not everyone reads every thread or interprets things the same way. I opted to be ridiculously, over-the-top clear on everything just to be safe.

As an example of both that and of people getting worked up over things: I recieved 3 separate emails from people urgently requesting that I come here and chime in since they were scared/shocked/etc... about some of the things being proposed.

Lol sorry you had to be the recipient of those emails Brian.....I know I've received a few myself. Hence the reasoning behind trying to make things as clear as possible for troops reading and voting. We even eliminated a few of them from the list because they were just too ridiculous.

Growth of the programs are vital to the sustainability....but here our growth will be as inclusive as possible.

Understandable Brian and thanks for responding. I guess because I understand it I forget that other people don't. I don't know how much clearer it can be made though that this isn't including basic 501st Sandtrooper acceptance.

We often become so used to things that we don't realize how much knowledge actually informs our actions. For example, outside of MEPD the terms "PO" and "swat" don't have any meaning.... So when someone who isn't really part of these forums see those terms, they don't know what they are referring to.

We have a lot of members who don't take part in detachments, even when they have the costumes. They may casually read now and then, but don't follow the details. We always have to make sure not to leave them out... It would be nice if every TD was here, but that's unlikely to ever happen.

Very true. And on the flip side of that, not everyone has to join MEPD or become SWAT. So if some mods are required and people don't agree with them or like them, there is no pressure, they will still be Sandtroopers of the 501st Legion.