Sandtroopers in Rogue One?

netslave

I was checking out some info on Rogue One and I found this little article talking about some concept art.

http://makingstarwars.net/2015/06/star-wars-rogue-one-concept-art-glimpsed-eludes-to-80s-classic-film/

Particularly insteresting was:

Nighttime. Trees and bushes in the distance but you can see structures far out. In a clearing there’s a little girl outside a fence. Her family is on the other side. The father is shouting to the little girl and Stormtroopers are coming for them. Mom is crying, older son looks resigned. Little girl has one foot behind her as if she’s about to run. Stormtroopers had backpacks on with tubular riffles.

Could these stormtroopers be TDs carrying T-21s? Or maybe just HWTs? Let's hope we get some more love on the big screen in 2016. :D

I expect that the troopers we see in R1 will be what we see in ANH. Probably some new ones just because (shadow troopers anyone?), but seeing Sandies would be awesome. Especially if they are on another planet. We'll have to create a unit or something for them. :P But I'm not getting my hopes up. I bet they'll just be Heavy Weapons Troopers.