Strider

Sonix Victory 75 variations

I'm half tempted to buy that and change the front face plate with crashmann's

Don't. It's much smaller (at least the width). Unless you want to buy it for sentimental reasons of course ;-)

What happened to the mfg’s of our particular version? Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The actual Sonix folks have been bought a few times over and mainly make USB parts. I reached out to their American rep and two things are clear.

1. He has no clue about any of the details of the manufacturing process behind this old unit. Its a dead end.

2. He thinks I am very much insane.

yeah, went the same road, same results. Also as there are multiple companies by that name today I haven't been able to trace back a clear heritage line (so to speak). But even if I had it probably wouldn't have made a difference.

Some time ago I discussed this with some guys on a vintage transistor radio forum and they said that there weren't sole radio producers around in the 70s in Hong Kong. Just manufacturers for different pieces which were finally assembled and released under different brands.

I think if we had gone out instead searching for the holy grail we already had it in our hands by now ;-)

I am still convinced we're using the wrong search terms as nearly everything we search for leads back to this forum.

We need to just keep checking flea markets and antique shops....7 years of Ebay searching has given us nothing lol

Do we have any members in the Chinese garrisons? Someone probably has one in their parent's basement over there lol.

The Sonix, at last! Uh, wait...something is different ;-)

2016-05-19-17-25-27_zpsyvvwk846.jpg

Got my new laptop done. I am trying to figure out a way to organize the images of the different types of radios, and their manufacturers, maybe a spreadsheet style.

Something that is just one image that I can link to.

Anyways -

While researching a radio I currently own, I stumbled upon a K-Mart advertisement.

There is a radio in the ad (top right) that looks similar to one of the models of radio that were manufactured In Hong Kong.

So, another avenue of research. However, that ad has a radio listed with an incorrect model number. So I am not sure how reliable the model number on the one in the top right (if found) would be.

5291d6808d047bb35cbc90c08b799204_zpst2yv

The K-Mart radio in the top right of the ad looks like this ElectrBrand on the first page of the thread.

Vintage%20Electrobrand%20Model%202144_2_

You know, I bet there is an electronics recycling facility  somewhere on this planet that has hundreds of these babies just waiting to be loved once again....:dancing-trooper:

• Like 1