bdgr's Hyperfirm E-11 to Bapty Blaster mods

bdgr

Modifying a Hyperfirm E-11 by bdgr.

Here are the modification upgrades (numbered 1 to 10) that I did on my Hyperfirm ANH E-11 to make it into a Bapty Blaster.

Image before any mods:

Hyperfirm%20before%200%20Marked_zpsn5hbj

1. Front Sight: The front site is a single molded piece, so I carved out the gaps with a drill bit and exacto knife.

2. Scope Mounting Rail: My hyperfirms Scope mounting rail is molded as part of the blaster body without any gaps between it and the body. It isnt a separate mounted piece, so I cut it off with an exacto knife and fabricated a new scope mounting rail with a ¾ inch width piece of aluminum.

3. Removed trigger with an exacto knife.

4. Replaced trigger guard with a Bapty version. The hyperfirm has a metal wire in the inside of the rubber trigger to provide extra support. I cut away the rubber, but left the metal wire to help guide and mount the new trigger guard. I cut a ½ inch wide piece of ABS and then made a long grove on one side of the rectangular piece using a hand file. Before I permanently glued the ABS piece with the metal wire in the grove, I bent the metal wire into the proper Bapty trigger shape.

5. Removed magazine clip and replaced it with a longer real one with a wood block stuck inside it. To get the real magazine clip in, I had to cut a large enough opening in the magazine receiver using an exacto knife.

6. Modified the handle to appear smooth with no details by filling in the large detail holes with bondo/filler and sanding smooth with some fine grit sandpaper.

7. No O-ring.

8. Replaced M19 Scope with a M38 Scope and mounted it on the new aluminum scope mounting rail.

9. Added the rivets and created the seams in the back half of the blaster to make it look like it was cut off and riveted back together. I used my dremel tool with a cutting wheel to do this.

10. Closed rear site by filling with bondo and then sanded it.

Below is an image of my partially modified E-11:

Hyperfirm20after202_zpschjq9sub.jpg

Once I made all the modifications, I went ahead and painted the parts black. I still need to weathered the entire Bapty Blaster, but here is my completed Bapty Blaster:

Hyperfirm20After20Final_zpsboijsjn4.jpg

Hyperfirm20After20Final2_zpsquvkja4c.jpg

During this modification, I had an accident with the exacto knife and wound up at in the Emergency room. I was rushing to get a few things done before work and cut myself pretty deep, requiring a bunch of stitches on my left hand. Everything is fine now, but hind sight I was pretty lucky it was not worse.

63dd1ad3-10e2-4702-b244-39da54b0658d_zps