Looking to join and build armor

Sindorin

Greetings!

I'm looking to craft my own armor and after looking at the different detachments, I'd like to craft a set of Sandtrooper armor. I really have no idea of where to start, though I do have a rough idea of what the requirements need to be (film accurate, quality materials, etc;). What I need help with is not only where to obtain the kits or materials needed, but also how to fashion it to fit and add the detailed effects (scorch, weather marks, etc;). I would really like to get this started, as it's always been a dream of mine to have my own armor and to join the 501st. Any help would be appreciated!

Hello James, and welcome!

Good to see another recruit for the dirty corps, personally I find a good way to start, is by laying out a budget. Generally you look at spending roughly £700-£1500, all depending
on your location, which armour you choose, and which accessories you choose.

I find it fun to first pick the trooper you want to recreate, it's not necessary, but it's certainly a whole lot of fun. Let's start looking into the "breakdown" threads you can find on the top here;
http://forum.mepd.net/index.php?showforum=3

Once you've determined which trooper you want to do, you can start doing research. Either by going to other build threads, or by taking loads and loads of screenshots from ANH, and stare at them endlessly :D
(I'd advise to watch build threads either way). Have a good look into which armour you can get. There's plenty around, and they vary in price, material and accuracy. For starters, where are you located? If you're in the UK, you're lucky, and in a prime location for the best armour :yes:

Have a good look into the accessories you'll need, pouches, pauldron, backpack. There's several section here on the MEPD you can take a look at.

So enjoy your time here James, hopefully that small bit of text has sort of given you an idea ;)

Welcome Jimbo, you've come to the right place. I agree with Bas, and to add to it, check out F.I.S.D. also. Loads of info there. Any questions....ask away, as there are many here among us that are willing to help a new recruit. Have fun bro.

... I really have no idea of where to start...

You started in the right place! :)

Check the links in my signature too on armor. And welcome to the sand pit!!