Please help me stop an intellectual property thief

freakengine

You know me as Tom at costumebot.com. I'm not very active on the boards these days but I'm here today to ask for help from the illustrious MEPD ranks. A great SW artist named Tony Harris is being ripped off by a bootlegger on Amazon. Will you please help us by posting negative reviews of this product. It isn't "fan art" but a pro illustration that has been stolen for a profit. This aggression will not stand, man.

http://www.amazon.co...e force awakens

Although I appreciate your desire to right a wrong here it is very difficult for any of us here to comment on something we know very little about. We are only taking your word for it at the moment that this has happened. I certainly won't post negative feedback on something that I haven't been personally wronged on and know very little about.

Although I appreciate your desire to right a wrong here it is very difficult for any of us here to comment on something we know very little about. We are only taking your word for it at the moment that this has happened. I certainly won't post negative feedback on something that I haven't been personally wronged on and know very little about.

^This.

There was an incident recently where a person went to Reddit to cry for help and had probably hoped for some sort of "army" to mobilize. Individuals investigated the claim further and discovered the "stolen" design was not entirely original.

In this case - it is obvious the intellectual property is being used without permission of the artist. But the artist has to be the one to handle it. Having people post negative reviews may not look good for the artist and could be seen as bullying.