Strider's Cantina Captain Project (TM Armor)

Strider

Today when I was test fitting the thighs and the armor I noticed that the ab/cod piece together with the chest is too large for my upper body (sorry for the crappy pic):

20150705_131214_resized_zpsaew4j3gs.jpg

I fear I have to take the Pandatrooper route and cut out a piece between the ab section and the cod >>> http://forum.mepd.net/index.php?showtopic=6775&hl=

but I'm not too keen on making any cuts to the armor. Any other ideas?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for your comments and support guys, much appreciated!

Did some more finetuning and test-fitting today and as you guys said it look as everything will turn out allright. I'm just waiting for my neigbours wife to be finished with the black elastics (I didn't have a sewing machine) and then: Rock'n Roll :td::dance:

In the meantime I've completely finished the legs and the boots. Hopefully by tonight I'll have some pictures ready with the whole thing put on :)

Boots_zpsf4zkwcn5.jpg

I admit I had some help with the shins ;-)

20150712_084436_resized_zpszjx1cp6y.jpg

Okay, here we go. I haven't glued the shoulder straps and the shoulder bells yet but so far I'm quite happy with the result. Not sure if the helmet sits a tad bit too high, I have used 3cm foam inside.

20150712_201501_resized_zpsnw2fwn4f.jpg

20150712_200923_resized_zpsg8ucgbmg.jpg

20150712_200920_resized_zpsqrx8dpni.jpg

So, now I just need the arms to cross the goal line.

Paul, ready when you are ;-))

Many thanks, Paul. And btw congrats on your latest project - the ROTJ armour looks faboulous!

And while the postman is busy delivering the replacement arms I've started the weathering process.

I have to say: Getting dirty is fun :td::tusken_icon::lol:

It's kinda interesting to see how the picture comes off; in reality there's also a lighter base layer on the armor which is hardly visible on the pic.

Also I'd like to give a shout out to Daelma, Opi Wan and Felice for their hints&tipps: The Vallejo colors are awesome and give exactly (IMO) that sandy, dirty look. For the base layer I've used diluted Vallejo Game color Earth (72062) and for the main layer a mix of leather an chocolate brown (70871 and 70872).

20150719_155905_resized_zpsycnwbv74.jpg