Tyrdog's First TD Set.

Tyrdog54

Hey all! My name is Logan and I come from Wisconsin. I have an untrimmed AP kit and I bought the additional pieces to build a sandtrooper, (ie, the backpack, knee plate, and pauldron). I go to that I am currently in the process of trimming and I go to school at the University of Oshkosh during the regular school year and come back to Madison during the off season. I came to the forum hoping to ask for some advice on the set I am working on.

I think the biggest concerns I have are working on the helmet (which I will be trimming up later today) and weathering the armor itself as I have never really done that before. Any advice would be appreciated!

Also, sorry for the crap quality I took the photos with my older phone...

• 2 months later...

Been awhile since I last posted but I got the armor mostly done (few touch ups here and there, and am still working on the backpack). I posted some pics of my armor set and the reference pic I was using as a guideline. Let me know what you guys think!

post-6357-0-72083900-1440599577_thumb.jp

post-6357-0-00178900-1440599595_thumb.jp

post-6357-0-15394400-1440599614_thumb.jp

post-6357-0-99956300-1440599627_thumb.jp

post-6357-0-78065200-1440599646_thumb.jp

That'd be great actually!

I am awaiting for base approval right now while I work on a pack. I will probably attempt to submit for PO around Christmas and after that I wish to go for SWAT. Any little bit will help me with that goal. :D