Arienh's TD Build

Arienh

Ha... You all thought this thread was done and would disappear into the Redbacks ether... Well, not yet. Sorry. ;)

Managed to get some work done on Arienh's DLT-19 today.

Have done some minor trimming and cleaning up (still lots to do), but went ahead and decided to try and not stuff up the drilling of the barrel holes on the muzzle flash and stock. Also drilled out the bolt area to hold it all together and purchased (and cut to size) a Nut'n'bolt.

Still a little sticky to the touch, but nothing compared to the other day. Pardon the mess on the table, we had just brought everything inside and lost the days light when these pics were taken:

TD166-DLTBuilt01_zps2rmqia3d.jpg

Cut away the resin nut head and bolt and drilled it out and put in a real one to hold the gun together:

TD167-DLTBuilt02_zpszoqbesna.jpg

TD168-DLTBuilt03_zpsyjtqcjgi.jpg

Look! I got all my drilling 'straight', and the gun lines up and actually looks straight from end to the other. I'm quite happy with myself at this point (not to mention incredibly surprised):

TD169-DLTBuilt04_zpsoxxpwwzg.jpg

Next step... drill, drill, drill... any and all places there are holes.

Hey everyone;

Just a quick post this time.

DLT-19 just completed. The paint is extremely soft atm. Hopefully the time before we leave tomorrow for Brissy + the drive down and the time between tomorrow and Saturday, will give the paint and clear coats a chance to cure.

Not a great overall job. But I thinks it's good enough to troop with:

TD170-DLTBuild05_zpssl1duuin.jpg

That's it. 170 pics later, it's done (for now). Approval pics this Saturday, and upload them Sunday night then send through the email. Then wait nervously for however long, hoping and praying that Arienh gets approved in time for OzComicCon.

Oh, also me in my new TR (If my possessed bucket will give poor Cyclops a break for once).

I'll post the approval pics in this thread once they have been sent off to those who count.

Well, Arienh and I are home from Brisbane (5hr+ drive). My eyes are basically falling out of my head, and Arienh is in no better state, but we have sorted through photo's picked out the best ones and emailed them off. Now we wait for the outcome....

Here are the pics we posted for Arienh.

Bucket Off:

TD171-ApplicationPicBucketOff_zpsb2thtvb

Bucket On:

TD172-ApplicationPicBucketOn_zpsxxclzkkv

Facing Right:

TD175-ApplicationPicFacingRight_zpshzloi

Facing Left:

TD173-ApplicationPicFacingLeft_zps28lvuy

Rear:

TD174-ApplicationPicRear_zpsfpeee9ln.jpg

Action Shot 01:

TD176-ApplicationPicActionShot01_zpsnjah

Action Shot 02:

TD177-ApplicationPicActionShot02_zps9juo

Fingers crossed all goes well.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys;

I just wanted to share. My approval came through just an hour ago. I am no longer running from Sandies as a Jawa, I'm now a Sandy keeping the pesky Jawa's in check!

*Very very happy atm*

• 7 months later...