Weathering canvas belt

TheDon

I'm starting my weathering soon and I have a question about the white belt. It's very very white so what's the best way to make it dingy? I was thinking about getting some dirt from the garden and just tossing it in the dirt?

I used acrylic paint, same as my weathering on the armor. Sticks very well on canvas :)

Yep... craft paint. I went over it with white craft paint then to "mute" it some. :thumbsup:

Thats all fine, but what if he wanted to go clean down the road ? shok.gif Ummm, ooops, did i just say that out loud ? Ok yea, thats not an option. If it were me again, i would hook it to the back of my KX 250 and go trailin for the afternoon. But hey, thats just me. :teehee:

There is no going back to clean......... :td:

But the acrylic does come off, but it would be as more work to go back.....Just sayin..... :whistling:

its never going clean....ever.....

I'm probably going to get some clean sand and clay from lowes, put in bucket, add water, let belt soak, throw it against the brick wall, and then weather the plastic.

Lots of non-Star Wars costumers use tea staining to 'weather' whites and make them look like aged vintage fabrics.

After the first soak & dry you can do it again or escalate with coffee grounds to make it dirtier.

If you were worried about eventually wanting to clean up you might try a tea or coffee stain, as some bleach or Oxyclean and a good long soak would brighten things up again.
:td: