Pauldron - How "Orange" is "Orange"?

This may be an odd question but here goes.
I'm planning on making my pauldron and I know that bright orange vinyl is the standard, but I was wondering if a slightly faded colour would be acceptable.
Especially as on-screen they read more "British Tan" than bright orange.
c37f306d1c662759dfc41d7309dab678.jpg

I know this most likely wouldn't pass SWAT, but I think it would look very nice dirtied up, and would read more 'Screen True' than the actual

bright orange does.

Thoughts? Am I way out in left field here?

:td:

This may be an odd question but here goes.

I'm planning on making my pauldron and I know that bright orange vinyl is the standard, but I was wondering if a slightly faded colour would be acceptable.

Especially as on-screen they read more "British Tan" than bright orange.

c37f306d1c662759dfc41d7309dab678.jpg

I know this most likely wouldn't pass SWAT, but I think it would look very nice dirtied up, and would read more 'Screen True' than the actual

bright orange does.

Thoughts? Am I way out in left field here?

Well... To be totally honest, your out in left field. LOL As you put it.

The one on the right, is much more screen true, and the one on the left would be suited for a custom pauldron.

Even dirty, the one on the right has the correct hue to it.

Now the one on the right would need to be a flat semi gloss color, but I would surely stay away from the one on the left unless you are going custom.

Just my 2 cents.

Well... To be totally honest, your out in left field. LOL As you put it.

The one on the right, is much more screen true, and the one on the left would be suited for a custom pauldron.

Even dirty, the one on the right has the correct hue to it.

Now the one on the right would need to be a flat semi gloss color, but I would surely stay away from the one on the left unless you are going custom.

Just my 2 cents.

LOL, it wouldn't be the first time I've been out in left field, I'm certain it won't be the last time either. :D

I know I have the more tan colour on-hand (and black and white), maybe I'll shop around for the brighter orange.

LOL I spent hundreds of dollars the first time to find the exact color, LOL and finally got the one I use now that cost around $35.00 a yard.

If you have the time and money, you can do it.