New Users, introduce yourselves here!

SethB6025

Hey my name is Dj jones of Ft. Huachuca AZ. I'm very interested in joining the 501st and would like to know where I can start aquiring armor for purchase. My email is delvin.jones77@yahoo.com if you could please send me some links on how I can get started. Much appreciated troopers.

Hi deejay

The first thing you should do is join up with the Arizona 501st the- dune sea garrison- they can probably be more helpful in ways like group orders to save on shipping and build help one on one

I'll look for the link for you or you can google them

Welcome mate

Read read read ;)

Hi guys, and gals,

So I'm ready to dirty up my Stormtrooper armor I bought many years back. (Back before there was so much easily assessable information... I did the costumejunkie thing).

I'll be searching for some sound advise on how to make it more accurate. (I've already ditched the bucket)

Now the search begins for Ab plate, knee, etc.

Thanks!

Hey Guys, i'm a new recruit from the good old "land down under" Southern Cross Garrison to be specific.

No armour kit yet but I am on the ATA waiting list. In the mean time I've started making a budget "loose interpretation" pack and am gathering materials for a T-21.

Hopefully will be doing a lot of the stuff like making my own shoulder pauldron, looking at how terrible it is, crying, than ordering a quality one. :P

Already loving how helpful you guys are.

Cheers, Piper.

Welcome Ryan!

It does seem daunting at first, but if you are patient and take your time, it is very doable. There are many threads here that will help you. I am not sure about where you are located, but there is probably a squad close to you that can help also. First and foremost though, read, read, READ!!!!

I guess to me as someone who has never made his own cosplay outfit it doesn't feel like it would take a lot of work its just feels like mostly an expense type thing. But I think its everybody who is new to making outfits for cosplay in general it just feels easier and once ur doing it you ending up realizing how hard it really is.

Make no mistake, it is hard, but not so hard you cant do it. It is time intensive, especially if you do it right. And very satisfying when you finish it. And it can be an expensive hobby.

Have you purchased any armor yet?

HI all

I have been on the forum for a bit, my names Matt from oxfordshire in the uk. I bought mr hairs old RS set just trimming it up and getting all the other bits together to make a new sandy up - some great advice and reference material on here which is really helpful - cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Howdy!

I forgot to introduce myself.

I'm Jeff from Illinois. I bought a ATA helmet over a year ago and I started it, but got busy with life and didn't finish it. During the past few months I finished it up, but when it was done something felt wrong about it. Then suddenly I realized what it was! It was too clean!!

I came to this sight and dirtied it up and now it looks much better! I am currently waiting for my ATA armor and in the mean time I decided to build either the pack or a weapon. After much research I've decided to busy myself with an Doopydoos E-11 build. It looks like a lot of work, but I had so much fun building my bucket that I am really looking forward to it!

Welcome Jeffrey,

You have made a good start already and it's only going to get better.

Enjoy your build and be sure to post some WIP pictures when you have your armor in or are starting with your pack or blaster.

:td::thumbsup:

Hello my name is Josh aka Beefie (was a meat cutter) I'm not currently in the 501st however my wonderful tattooist whom is in the central garrison will be helping me build my armour to become official abd geared up (planning on jist before episode 7 release so we can represent the 501st)

I'm a web designer part time and full time dad to my son now 3 months named Zayden Luke (whom will be dressed as a Jawa for new movie is the plan)

I'm excited to take tge first step by getting my helmet and starting modifications on it now thanks to wonderful sites like this and troopers like you who are giving me great ideas and tips!

Hopefully if or when I get in (cause I won't give up) my tattooist will be placing the 501st logo with my design of troopers around mu leg sleeve (so excited for it)

I'm sure you all will hear from me more here... since this feels like home already :) thank you!

Welcome to the sandbox Josh!

Sounds great about getting geared up and getting a 501st related tattoo.

Make sure to keep us updated on your progress, and if you have any questions that aren't answered by all the topics that can be found, just shout out and we'll be glad to help!

-dutchy

My name is Scott and I just signed up today so I could begin posting to this forum. I live in the Cincinnati area and I've started researching my next costume build. I currently have a Sandtrooper costume that I put together myself and it's not bad, but I want something I can get approved by the 501st. The costume I have now is one I purchased on ebay and was originally going to be a Stormtrooper until I realized the Sandtroopers were much cooler and it was easier to hide the scratches so I converted it over. But now I want one that is screen correct so instead of trying to correct a number of things with my current costume, I decided now was a good time to build a new one but with all the right parts and pieces. I would be interested in feedback on which sites are best to purchase from and in particular, this RS Prop Masters site which is what I'm leaning towards at the moment.

If there are any costume builds in the Cincinnati/Dayton area, I would be interested in joining just to learn how these things are properly done. Once I'm done with mine I have my sons costume to build next so any tips or best practices are most appreciated. I almost lost my thumb trying to modify the inside of my first helmet with a box cutter so while I'm not afraid to build something, I would like to have full use of my hands when this is over.

I have a facebook page which has my pictures of my current costume if you want to check it out.

Thanks

Scott Golladay

Hey Scott, welcome to M.E.P.D. Glad your here. And yea,sand troopers are much cooler :teehee: . You can check out this site http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/ and read up on armor, armor builders, etc. very informative. If ya need a hand just ask away bro. there are many of us here that will help you create your sandy. See you in the cantina soon bro. :thumbsup:

Welcome to the playground for Sandtroopers Scott!

To dive right into it, there are a lot of good armor makers around the globe. It all depends on how big your wallet is and what your goal is, a better looking TD or even deployment or SWAT.

You can find lots of good topics over here in the various sections and we are more than willing to help you out or give you some pointers. Just as Al already has mentioned..

Good luck and keep us posted! :yes::td:

• 2 weeks later...