New Users, introduce yourselves here!

SethB6025

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

When I first contemplating joining, I was aiming for a Sandtrooper but the prospect of standing for a prolonged time wasn't in the cards for me. After some better physical therapy and weight loss (and maybe a couple of more pounds for good measure) I'm going to give it a go. Going to be mostly quietly researching but I wanted to make the jump start on the forums before I ventured forward. So don't mind me as I'm lurking.

-Anthony

Awesome man I was the same way I lost a bunch of weight and now I’m heading I. The direction of heavy weapons trooper ... got my armor and it’s almost done, I’ll sum it pics when I pick it up Monday 7/30

Hello, my name is David and I am from West Texas. I am currently waiting on RS Props to complete my Sandtrooper and this will be my second costume in the 501st.

I will have it weathered and I cannot wait to troop.

Hello all! I've been seriously considering an RS commission. I've spoken with PlainsRunner at length about his, but does anyone have any other recommendations/build threads/unboxings of an RS commission?

Thanks! Looking forward to trooping with you all some day.

Hey Taylor,

Definitely recommended. You won't get the pleasure you'd get from building your own, however mine was an RS commission and was the best decision for me. Good luck mate

21 hours ago, errantventurer said:

Hello all! I've been seriously considering an RS commission. I've spoken with PlainsRunner at length about his, but does anyone have any other recommendations/build threads/unboxings of an RS commission?

On 7/30/2018 at 8:56 AM, errantventurer said:

This is the video I watched for the Sandtrooper before choosing RS props. I hope it helps you!

• 3 weeks later...
14 hours ago, tattoodude414 said:

Hello everyone my name is Art, I recently got approved as a HWT TK - 89693 I'm out of the Connecticut 501st garrison... I hope I'm allowed here being I'm a HWT :) 

https://www.501st.com/members/displaymemberdetails.php?userID=28669

Sure you are - the more the merrier:salute:

On 8/25/2018 at 4:57 AM, Davin Karr said:

Hello

Does anoyone have a PDF or Word DOC for a SandTrooper Assembly?

You'll need to do a little more research than that Dave! Not least as it will depend massively on what kit you get and how much work you need to do to it to fit your own body shape.

I'd suggest reading through some of the many build threads on here or whitearmor as a starting point to get an idea of what to expect. 

Then once you've decided on a kit, start up your own build thread and start asking any questions you still have at that point.

Remember, first rule of MEPD club (and any other detachment) research, research research.

Good luck bud!

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/30/2018 at 9:56 AM, errantventurer said:

Just bite the bullet and get the RS full commission....it is totally worth it !

You will not be disappointed....

Just now, Jimbo said:

Just bite the bullet and get the RS full commission....it is totally worth it !

You will not be disappointed....

I did! They actually posted on FB yesterday saying they were working on mine. It's been 4 weeks and the wait is killing me. I've gathered up everything else I need and all I'm waiting on is my TK-Talkie to be shipped and delivered.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Folks, I signed up a month ago and I apologize for the tardy introduction. I reside in Ontario Canada and I am still in the process of researching on which armor to purchase for my Sandy build and TK approval. Anyways, hope everyone is doing well and I shall see you on the dark side.