New Users, introduce yourselves here!

SethB6025

Hi guys,

My name is Tom from Swansea U.K., and I have recently ordered a RS Propmasters Sandtrooper kit, can't wait for it to arrive. :)

This will be the first time I have ever done something like this so I'm a bit nervous, but I'll be OK as there's plenty of guides and help on the Internet. 

I have done a bit of research and I think the setup I will go with is a black pauldron, with an E-11 blaster (I basically want to look like some sort of rookie/new enlister). Regarding the backpacks, I have seen some reference pictures with it, and some without. So are they optional? As I would rather not wear one (for now), being the rookie I am, I accidentally dropped it into a Sarlaac pit. :rolleyes: :whistling:

Hello Thomas!

Welcome to the MEPD!

Great to hear that you are going to build a sandtrooper.

A backpack isn't necessary for 501st approval, but if you want to get cleared for higher levels like Police Officer or SWAT you'll definitely need one.

Try to contact one of the members of the Britannia Patrol, they all have an outstanding level of knowledge about the armor and will gladly help you out.

In the meantime enjoy your stay at the MEPD!

:salute:

Welcome, Tom. Being in the UK, you have a lot easier access to some of the items used in the film than the rest of us. Check in with UK Garrison, especially Britannia Patrol to get squared away. Nothing wrong with getting your basic 501st first and working your way up to getting a pack. 

Hello all!

My name is Shawn. I am a new member from So Cal.  I have been reading on MEPD and the FISD for a couple of months, absorbing as much as I could before taking the leap.

I just sent in the deposit for a set of AP armor and can't be more excited. The ultimate goal is to get to SWAT status.

Thanks for having me!

Hi everybody,
Here is my introduction.

I'm Philippe, I'm 45 years old.
Born in France in the east region of Lorraine from where all my family is coming from ... very long according to the family tree :-)
I have 2 children: girl 19 and boy 21 (who have already taken off)

I am Parisian since 1998 and I love Paris enormously (culturally and historically).

Starwars is the focal point of my life; anyone around in my life since 35 years can back it up: i am a starwars freak and proud.
first film seen at the theatre : The empire strikes back
I collect figurines and memorabilia starwars.
I also collect vinyl records; I sometimes dj'ing in Parisian bars, pure pleasure.
Northern soul, punk rock, Jamaican ska and more boss sound.
I'm also drummer for 30 years.
I start gettong tattooed in 86.
And yes, i have many starwars (some still under construction).

I am general manager in a security company, but it is a position that I would leave in 2017 to join a structure closer to my pro and personal aspirations.
I am vegetarian for 25 years and sportsman licensed in kravmaga for 16 years; I had before that 6 years of practice of boxing foot fist including 2 as club president.
I try to have ethics and respectful behavior in my everyday life.
Especially towards nature and animals; This is very important for me and it guides my consumption and my daily behavior.
Various charities and associative life have been part of my daily life for more than 20 years.
I like to "help" and be useful is a personal construction engine that never stopped working
For now!
And finally, I love the US.
Been there since the 90's.
Got friends all over. NYC especially.
That's it for now
Hit me up anytime.
My pleasure and my best regards

Envoyé de mon SM-G920F en utilisant Tapatalk

Hello, my name is Paul and I am a new member of the forums.  Thursday evening my 9yr old daughter and I saw a few 501st members at the Rogue One premier.  I was in awe of all the work and how authentic the costumes looked.  I've grew up with the films and have always been a big fan of stormtroopers and sandtroopers   Anyway I did a little reading about the 501st and loved all of the charity work that all of you do.  Not the mention all of the smiles you put on everyone's faces. 

Anyway seeing all of this and my love of the Star Wars franchise, I would love to become part of this world.  However there is so much information to comb through and I have no idea where to start.  My love of troopers has me at a starting point.  

My first dilemma is can I be a trooper with my body type.  I'm 5-9, 230 lbs.  Yea I'm chunky (working on it) but I don't want to look out of place.  Is it possible a guy with my body type to look the "part" or would you advise starting this adventure after hitting my weight loss goal?  Answering that question won't hurt me, I'm not a super sensitive guy. ;)

My second dilemma is that I'm just not sure about my weathering capability.  That scares me to modify something and have the possibility of screwing something up.  That goes with just building things in general but I've put models together in the past so I do have some skills.  

Which leads me to my final dilemma.  Since this would be my first venture into the "hobby" or trooping world, would it be best to purchase a set of armor from someone who has already built a set?  Someone who has worked out all the kinks and received approval or should I go at it from the start.  I realize that is part of the fun but I'm afraid I would get discouraged.  I work in the engineering field and have patience but I'm getting paid to do that.  LOL  I guess what I'm saying is I'm a bit of a perfectionist and if it isn't right I will tinker with it until if royally screwed it up or it's too my liking.  I'm not sure if that is a good trait or not.  

Well I'm kinda rambling for my first post but I am eager to start learning and hope to be tagging along one of these days.  

Thanks

Welcome Paul. Let me say that I had never done anything like this before and I built my entire kit. You can do it and there are plenty of build threads you can learn from. Your local Garrison can help you as well.

If you want to be a trooper, you totally can. We have bigger troopers in my Garrison and people love to take pictures with them.

Last, weathering is just painting and not as hard as it looks.

Let us know how we can help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

My name is Nick and I've been interested in joining the 501st as either a Sandtrooper or a Snowtrooper. I currently call Interior Alasks home, but that'll change in a few months, so I haven't joined a garrison.

My current plan is to research as much as I can on here and on Blizzard Force so I can pick one and learn as much about the build so when I settle down in a few months, I can jump into making armor.

-Nick

Hi Troopers,

My name is Steve and I'm joining from Melbourne (The Australian one...).

I have a kit on it's way from RS Props so hopefully I don't have too much to do to it to start working my way up the ranks - and maybe one day to S.W.A.T. :td:

I already have an unapproved Darth Maul costume I've used for cosplay events, but I've decided to head down the Sandie route to 501st approval as my first choice... (fingers crossed).

Super excited about joining, as I've made excuses why not to for years, but now is the right time and I can't wait to be able to start trooping (and joining in some of the extremely interesting forum discussions).

Steve

Welcome Nick & Steve!

Nick: Are you moving out of Alaska? Military? Why not do both? 

Steve: What do you need to do in order to get your Maul up to specs? There's a lot of great Sandies down under that can help you out too. 

Looking forward to seeing both of your build threads!

3 hours ago, Airborne Trooper said:

Welcome Nick & Steve!

Nick: Are you moving out of Alaska? Military? Why not do both? 

Steve: What do you need to do in order to get your Maul up to specs? There's a lot of great Sandies down under that can help you out too. 

Looking forward to seeing both of your build threads!

Not sure if I'm moving out yet, but yes to the military. I'd like to do both eventually, but it's a cost issue. I definitely see both in the future. Thanks for the welcome!