New Users, introduce yourselves here!

SethB6025

Hello folks! Just joined, I am right now looking at getting a set of Stormtrooper Armor, with eventual plans of maybe going dirty at some time! I have been in the 501st since '03, but have been inactive for the last 3 yrs (overseas tour of duty). I sold my last costume and am now selling my snowtrooper armor to fund the stormtrooper set!

Look forward to chatting with you all!

I am also over at the 1st Stormtrooper Detachment as well.

• 2 weeks later...

John Laurel AKA TD-7012 reporting in, was a member of the MEPD back on the yahoo group.

Signed on with the 501st in 02 as a TD, my updated pics never made the site though. Since then I have been an ARC Trooper, a 501st Trooper and now I am back to the Dirty side again.

I am the current XO for Star Garrison and am looking forward to getting back in the Dirty Ranks again. My armor is back up to par and am Refitting my backpack and still have my Lewis gun somewhere but I want an MG-15.

Take Care Bros !!!

- J

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone, another Aussie newbie to the site. Quite a few of you probably know me by now, seeing as I've been at Bikerscout, Tag and just about all the other 501 forums

Unfortunatly, to age restrictions I can't join the 501st, and can't afford the dirty armour (hopefully christmas will remidy that) so till then I guess I'll just sit tight here, chat with all yous and pray for a bargain...or for my folks to get a tax return.

Hello guys,

I just got my account activated tonight.

I've been eyeing this forum for a long time, and found tons of helpful links, references, etc...so I finally signed up.

Just doing a lot of research to start on my suit, hopefully some time soon.

Oh, born and raised in Hungary, (so bear with my grammar please), now I live in California.

Thanks for having me,

Attila (yes, like the Hun)

Hi all. I have been visiting this site for a long time and really enjoy all the energy I see on these forums. I am officially starting to turn my armor into the world of the sandtrooper. I know this will take some time but with all the information here I know I can get it done. I go by jdboushh as the boushh was my introduction into the 501st...now on to something that I have been wanting to do for a long time.

Jeanne/jdboushh

Well i think it is time to come out of the shadows and introduce my self. My name is Joey, and i am 98% done with my first TK-FX ANH armor, and saving up for my TE2 armor to go AHN and convert my FX to a TD, well thats the plan for the long run. I want to Thank All the people that helped me with the making of my E-11 100% scracth build with junk ,odds and ends. Not one part is resin all is made from what ever looked right or close enough. ( dont have a digital camera..... but will see what i can do) oh guess what , pvc tube 1 1/4 or 1 5/8 doesnt exist in my Counrty so i have a 1 inch blaster ( doesnt look bad) and i am working on a 2 inch one.

Any way Once again Hello and Thx for the help so far and the help to come.

Howdy,

I just wanted to say hello. I've looked for answers in past posts. But please be patient if I ask any stupid questions, I should have found on my own (IT WILL HAPPEN).

I don't have anything done for my uniform. And I might be a LITTLE bit large for any Sandtrooper armor. However with some of your support and that of Jenny Craig, it will one day happen.

Hello Guys,

as promised a short introduction of myself.

I'm Phillip, 29 years old and originally come from scotland,

last year I moved from the netherlands to belgium to my new bought house.

Over the years I've evolved my different hobbies, and from one hobby I've always found a reason to add another one.

I have many interests which include:

Scifi and Historical modelling, collecting militaria, moulding and casting (mostly TIN) , scratchbuilding tanks, painting and collecting fiction and historical miniatures, playing electric guitar and creating music, Linux and gaming related server projects, and of course starwars.Historically I show a lot of interest regarding the development of tanks, planes and weapons during the great wars.

I've always been interested in the stormtrooper armor, but in the past I lacked the funds/time/skill to be able to make this possible.

I've been collecting historical items for a while now together with my wife,

and now I have the room for it in my new house its interesting to expand our diverse collection.

About 2 years ago I went from small scale to 1/16 scale Rc tanks, and the larger scale modelling was very attractive, especially since I had acquired a lot of skills on the smaller scales.

Recently I came across the stormtrooper armor kits that are available by chance on the internet, and it has once again spurred my interest now it is feasible budgetwise.

The building of such a kit seems an interesting project, and the many skills ive developed over the years regarding building/modifying/painting and scratchbuilding would be a great asset to let loose my creativity.

And I find it a nice way to step up to an even larger scale , 1/1 !

I currently do not own a set of armor yet, I've still been doing a lot of research regarding the first kit I wanted to obtain.

My choice is now pointing towards a AP or TM kit.

My preference is towards a European based kit, hence the interest towards TM.

MovieFX (germany)was a close alternative, but there are generally enough reasons not to choose that one as some of you might know, even when picking it up in person.

SDS is just way to expensive for someone not receiving the British pound as a currency

Im looking forward to adding scratchbuilt items to complement the armor, and also adding mods etc for appearance and maybe even for practical trooping.

After my 1st kit I'd like to start an Imperial officer or even a Boba fett kit, who knows, or maybe even a 2nd trooper.

I'm still not sure if my trooper will become a Sand or Death star version yet though

Thanks for having me here.

Greetings,

Phil a.k.a WarlockWmD