New Users, introduce yourselves here!

SethB6025

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, I'm new here in the forums and soon to be part of the whole scene you guys have.

My sandtrooper costume is finished, I'm just waiting for my Blaster and backpack to arrive. I've been waiting for my Hyperfirm Lewis Gun for 3 months, so I'm pretty tired of waiting for them to weather it, since I can't even join the 501st until I get it. Do they usually take that long?

Here is a picture of my armor. NOTE: I have changed the ab plate since this picture to the sandtrooper Ab.

Posted Image

danny, TD-?

My sandtrooper costume is finished, I'm just waiting for my Blaster and backpack to arrive. I've been waiting for my Hyperfirm Lewis Gun for 3 months, so I'm pretty tired of waiting for them to weather it, since I can't even join the 501st until I get it. Do they usually take that long?

danny, TD-?

Welcome Danny! Armor looks great! It took at least that long for me to get my Hyperfirm. You just have to keep hassling them with emails and such. I am not sure about this statement

since I can't even join the 501st until I get it.

Maybe the leadership can chime in but I am under the impression that you don't have to have a BFG to join the 501st as a TD, you do to become MEPD though.

Maybe I am wrong. Once I thought I was but it was my mistake, I wasn't.

since I can't even join the 501st until I get it.

Maybe the leadership can chime in but I am under the impression that you don't have to have a BFG to join the 501st as a TD, you do to become MEPD though
You will need some sort of blaster, consult with your Garrison's GML. Of course you could just wait, the 501st isn't going anywhere.

Thanks for the kind words. I ordered the armor on Christmas day, so I've been taking my time doing a little at a time. Literally, all the websites were just an immensely helpful. It's been a blast and I can't wait to be on patrol. The Hyperdyne speaker system just really sells the whole thing. People really freak out when they see it all together.

And yes, the 501st is alot stricter for those wanting to be a sandtrooper. Not as strict as the MEPD, but I still have to have a gun and backpack.

Almost there.

Just to clear up what might be confusing to someone new; the MEPD is part of the 501st, part of a Detachment's job is to drive quality and accuracy within the Legion, as well as attract new members.

Our Deployment is like a badge of honor, anyone can be a member of the board and participate in the community, but the Deployment is like an award for having gone the extra mile. That is why the Legion membership guidelines are less stringent than our own. For a long time the "gap" between the two was much greater and ours existed (as it still does) as "the bar". Between the scrutiny of the Detachments and the dozens of GML's that discuss what is/isn't/should be/shouldn't be acceptable, the Legion is better due to our efforts.

I'm glad the requirements are getting more stringent. It keeps things to a standard of excellence for everyone. I hope I make the cut when my costume all comes together.

Stick with it....it is a lot of fun.

Steve

Don't worry, I'm not going anywhere. BRO, we are Sandtroopers for LIFE. Can't wait to serve next to you guys in the 501st. I'm going to serve every chance I get.

Hi everyone!

I've been lurking on near every open 501st or prop building website for, well, a really long time. But now as I am getting closer to finally getting a set of armor, I figure it is time to ask around and meet all the wonderful people on these forums.

See everyone around,

Pat