New Users, introduce yourselves here!

SethB6025

Hi all! I just wanted to introduce myself. I've been lurking for awhile, soaking up as much knowledge as I can. I am new to the 501st, in fact my paper work is still in process ( of course). I will eventually be applying for MEPD deployment once I get a BFG (the only thing I'm missing atm).

Laters

Hi all! I just wanted to introduce myself. I've been lurking for awhile, soaking up as much knowledge as I can. I am new to the 501st, in fact my paper work is still in process ( of course). I will eventually be applying for MEPD deployment once I get a BFG (the only thing I'm missing atm).

Laters

Welcome _________, to the MEPD,

This is the best place for EVERYTHING sandtrooper! This is ALSO the best collection of 501sters ANYWHERE. Always willing to help and answer just about anything. They can even help you with that BFG missing problem. Again Welcome and glad your are here. Continue reading, trooper!

Hello Everyone,

I've been thinking about getting into trooping for about 3 years now and finally decided to join the sandtroopers. I figured it made sense since I live in the middle of the desert anyway.

I'm anxious to obtain my gear and begin construction but I have to admit that I am a little nervous about dropping a LOT of money on the "wrong" kit. I've been watching eBay and reading a lot of threads on this site, so I know there is quite a bit of animosity. Every vender is the "best" and the competition is "junk".....additionally everyone also seems to brag that they outfit a majority of the 501st. Quite frankly, I'm just looking for a quality kit that does not need too many modifications, will be durable when constructed, and will meet the requirements of this organization.

I confess that I have been a Starwars fan since I saw ESB in 1980 and still have a huge collection of carded Kenner figures (many of which I will probably sell to get my kit); however, I do not have personal knowledge of the specific differences between an ANH helmet and a ROTJ helmet.

In addition, I didn't get the best grades in chemistry in school, so I am not sure if I should choose a kit made from ABS, Styrene, fiberglass, FX, etc...

Anyway, thank you for giving me the opportunity to join and please bear with my questions. I would like to get busy on my kit soon as my garage gets to be about 120 degrees in the summer and I would like to finish the kit before we get there.

Quick BIO: I live in Mesa Arizona (which looks a lot like Mos Eisley) but grew up in York County Pennsylvania. I am a Sergeant in our local police department. I restore American muscle cars, collect Civil War uniforms, and seem to have acquired quite an armament of hand guns and long guns.

If anybody is willing to PM me about which of their kits are the most durable (in their opinion) and would be a quality starter kit, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks again!!

Steve

Hi Steve i won't tell you which kit to buy but i would say don't buy an FX kit if you want an accurate one it's the least accurate there is,i'm not rubbishing any maker here as there are numerous people making suits under the FX name now its just become a generic term.

Also i will say the suits fine if you don't want accuracy i have one myself which i bought ages ago before i did any sort of research it's very durable tough armour and is pretty cheap to buy the worst thing about it is the helmet IMO its way bigger than it should be.

My advice would be buy a more screen accurate kit as sooner or later you will want to change the FX as i am.

I'll let others argue who's is best

Thanks everybody for making me feel welcome. I want to order a kit ASAP as I heard it often takes a few weeks to get from the venders. I know about eBay, but is there a collective list of venders listed anywhere? I figure I will probably start off with a FX kit because I probably couldn't get ahold of a TM one.

Steve

is there a collective list of venders listed anywhere? I figure I will probably start off with a FX kit because I probably couldn't get ahold of a TM one.

To Steve, and all the other new recruits - Welcome!

To answer your question, Steve, vendor info is kept off the boards for reasons that you can probably intuit for yourself. That said, Mike Harrison's site at http://www.tk1536.com/armor.html is simply one of the most comprehensive info resources out there. Take a look, and if you have other questions, PM me or some of the other sandys here. Most are always happy to help and will gladly fill in the blanks via PM.

-Tom

Hi Guy's,

I just wanted to say Hello & say thanks to TK 1536 for sign posting me in this direction .

I'm at present living way over in NZ but I'm originally from the UK. I've got a clean TK & wanna go sandy, So I'm on the lookout for some new Armour, hopefully more accurate than what I've got already & with the wealth of advise in this forum I want to try get that on screen, last tour of duty on the sand dune's look.

Thanks again 1536.....we just received the post of the Hasbro thread in NZ & must say congrats it's awesome dude!!!!!!

Steve