New Users, introduce yourselves here!

SethB6025

Thank's

I met some of you to F.A.C.T.S. in Belgium,

I have a picture with Sandtrooper of Dutch Garrison (yes, it's me behind the green face),

I don't know if he is member of the MEPD

Posted Image

Greetings troopers,

I've been on the forum for a while, but I haven't had a chance to introduce myself.

My name is Yves, from North Vancouver, BC ( also known as Caprica City B) ). I got approved as 501st in late October 2010. I'm a videographer and film editor. My appreciation for the original trilogy movies and armor building has always been big, and after I came back from Celebration V in Orlando this summer, it has gone even bigger.

Looking forward to talk to ya'll or meet in person.

Regards,

Yves

TD 9815

Welcome to the sand pit Yves!

I've done a lot of video editing in my day as well. Started with "old" VHS reel-to-reel decks back in the mid-80s. And can now use Final Cut and the like very easily... though I don't have much occasion for it anymore.

Great to have you "officially on the forum!"

And congrats on your 501st approval! :salute:

Next stop, MEPD deployment... right?! B)

@ Wick, I know the trooper you are standing next to, but he's a TK and not a TD..I know but he has gotten a pauldron, but that doesn't make you a TD ;)

ok, no problems, it's the pauldron's fault.

the assembly of my sandy advances well, I hope to have finished for February-March

My name is Scott (FZ1). I just signed up a few days ago and have really been enjoying all the threads and tutorials. I also signed up at the FISD and the 501st Midsouth Garrison (I'm from Kentucky). This site is amazing! Really leaning toward constructing a Sandtrooper now after seeing all the incrediable work here. Thanks in advance for answering any newbie questions I'm sure to have.

Cheers!

Scott

Welcome to the sand pit Yves!

I've done a lot of video editing in my day as well. Started with "old" VHS reel-to-reel decks back in the mid-80s. And can now use Final Cut and the like very easily... though I don't have much occasion for it anymore.

Great to have you "officially on the forum!"

And congrats on your 501st approval! :salute:

Next stop, MEPD deployment... right?! B)

Hi Nol,

Thanks, and yes I am working on building my backpack. I should actually thank Terry, or Pandatrooper, who's now MEPD deployed. He helped me a lot with my armor.

" Troops" the mockumentary, is one of the reasons I became 501st. So Yeah, I want to start shooting fan films soon.

hi its Nate

I am sure I have come across a few of you guys already on teh other forums ;P

I like researchign various cossies - and I thought it was time to pay my fav troopers teh sandies some attention.

looking to learn and acquire knowledge!

I have a set of TE2 kit from back in 2007. Mostly assemebled, but at the stage of erming and ahhing abt which way to go now .....

this one is cleared:

Posted Image[

this one has been submitted for clearance - so fingers crossed

Posted Image

catch you guys around!!

Greetings Gents,

You have probably seen me parusing your boards for the past few months. My name is Bryan and I am working on a TX as my first costume. I started hanging around your forums as the Elite Novatrooper that I am working on uses a lot of TD accoutrements. MEPD has been a great resource and I thoroughly enjoy the community.

Down the road when my finances have recovered from my first venture into costuming ;) , I plan to build a TD and go for Deployed status. But until then, you have a friend in Spec Ops.

Cheers,

Greetings Gents,

You have probably seen me parusing your boards for the past few months. My name is Bryan and I am working on a TX as my first costume. I started hanging around your forums as the Elite Novatrooper that I am working on uses a lot of TD accoutrements. MEPD has been a great resource and I thoroughly enjoy the community.

Down the road when my finances have recovered from my first venture into costuming ;) , I plan to build a TD and go for Deployed status. But until then, you have a friend in Spec Ops.

Cheers,

Welcome bro!

I also skinned your Spec Ops boards (just FYI), though I'm never really on there. B)

Glad to hear you're gonna go from black to dirty!

I will probably do a TD in the future as well. Sure I have one already... but if Rolf is any indication once a TD continually over and over again a TD. :D

Hi Guys,

I've been on here a few weeks and need to introduce myself. My name is Mike Greene from Tennessee. I'm currently working on my armor as we speak for application into the 501st. Before I even started I knew I wanted to be a sandy and the guys on the Midsouth Forums said to start here, boy were they right. You guys have a wealth of knowledge and everyone has been great to share for someone this green.

Wanted to give a big thanks to Slave5 for running that holiday special, I was the private sale on his DLT-19 and I'm extremely excited to have been able to acquire one of those, I hear hyperfirms are the best.

My goal is to become a member of the 501st by the end of the year, might not be achievable but I'm gonna try. Next I want to try and make Deployment, if I can make that I know that my stuff will be exactly where it needs to be cause you guys know what it takes!

"I'll see you on the beach" (Capt. Miller SPR)

Thanks guys

Hi Guys,

I've been on here a few weeks and need to introduce myself. My name is Mike Greene from Tennessee. I'm currently working on my armor as we speak for application into the 501st. Before I even started I knew I wanted to be a sandy and the guys on the Midsouth Forums said to start here, boy were they right. You guys have a wealth of knowledge and everyone has been great to share for someone this green.

Wanted to give a big thanks to Slave5 for running that holiday special, I was the private sale on his DLT-19 and I'm extremely excited to have been able to acquire one of those, I hear hyperfirms are the best.

My goal is to become a member of the 501st by the end of the year, might not be achievable but I'm gonna try. Next I want to try and make Deployment, if I can make that I know that my stuff will be exactly where it needs to be cause you guys know what it takes!

"I'll see you on the beach" (Capt. Miller SPR)

Thanks guys

Welcome man!!! Great to have you as part of the sand pit!

Hope everything goes swimmingly on your build!

Hey all, Joe here from Ohio. Working on getting my armor together and all the bells and whistles. Been a fan of the sandtrooper since 77' when I first saw one. now getting a chance to live the dream.

Welcome man!

Let us know if you have questions... and we look forward to helping you fulfill your dream! B)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I'm Sam and I cleared a few weeks ago with my TI. I'm currently in the middle of a Maul build but would like to do a full armour costume soon so thought I'd drop by and do some research.

Thanks for having me.

hi im elliot i have recently bort some armor and i am going to make it to TD specs (come on lets be ohnest TD's kik but) so thats about it

Don't worry bro... if it's honesty to say TD's kick some Bantha booty, then we're all VERY honest here! B)

Welcome aboard!

Hi.

I just happened to find this site by chance while in the final stages of researching the Sonix radio.

I'm Dave Buckley, a member of the R2Builders Group.

I live on Australia on the North Coast of NSW.

My interests to now have been in researching, documenting and building replica props including R2.

I have added the files I've been working on to the Sonix blueprints thread.

Cheers

Dave.

Hi.

I just happened to find this site by chance while in the final stages of researching the Sonix radio.

I'm Dave Buckley, a member of the R2Builders Group.

I live on Australia on the North Coast of NSW.

My interests to now have been in researching, documenting and building replica props including R2.

I have added the files I've been working on to the Sonix blueprints thread.

Cheers

Dave.

Welcome dave....looking forward to seeing the work you have done