New Users, introduce yourselves here!

SethB6025

Hello all,

The name is Devin, I am planning to start work on a TD and get nice and dirty. I am new to building the suits so any advice I get would be great. I've been in talks with slave1, and can't wait to get started and meet you all. I am in the SoCal area.

Welcome Devin!

You can't get much better than slave1 for advice — or pretty much anything else, he's a great guy — so you're in good hands there!

If you have questions though, we're here for ya too!

Look forward to seeing that build thread pop-up! B)

Hey Devin, welcome!

The first and most important advice I could give you is to read a lot and search for the info before actually doing anything on your suit. Having the right info, techniques and references will make this much easier for you. As has been said, measure twice, cut once.

Have fun and if you have any question, feel free to ask.

We will be happy to help!

Saludos

:D

Hey everyone,

My name is Pat from Missouri. I have had a sandtrooper collecting focus for about a year and a half now.

I've known about the 501st but hadn't seen any of the armor "in the flesh" till I went to Star Wars in Concert. I was really blown away by the armors I saw there.

Anyway I'd really like to have a suit of my own, but think I like the skills to pull it off especially with so many components being part of the TD set-up. Any way I'd like to hang out and learn some more. Ny advice on armor for someone that is 6' and 190 lbs?

Hey everyone,

My name is Pat from Missouri. I have had a sandtrooper collecting focus for about a year and a half now.

I've known about the 501st but hadn't seen any of the armor "in the flesh" till I went to Star Wars in Concert. I was really blown away by the armors I saw there.

Anyway I'd really like to have a suit of my own, but think I like the skills to pull it off especially with so many components being part of the TD set-up. Any way I'd like to hang out and learn some more. Ny advice on armor for someone that is 6' and 190 lbs?

Welcome Pat! You've come to the right place. You can definitely pull it off. There are so many good people at the MEPD and they're all willing to help. Sometimes it takes patience, but in the end it's about having fun.

I'm 5'11", 170 and I love my AP armor. It would fit you perfectly. TE2 looks very sharp as well. I suggest checking out the IMPERIAL ISSUED ARMOR section. There's a wealth of knowledge there

Hey everyone,

Hey Pat, welcome!

What part of Missouri are you in?

I'm from (and am in right now) Springfield, MO originally.

Welcome to the sandpit!

Don't worry about the skills to pull off a suit. None of us had any skills in this area until we started doing it. They skills come with the doing. And you're totally able to "DO"... 100% guarantee on that. B)

Check out the thread Rudebrook suggested. There's a ton of info there and it's a great place to start!

Hi Everyone,

My name is John aka Johnny Zero. I have been apart of the 501st since 2004 starting with my fabulous brothers and sisters at the UKG. My TK ID is TK2412 and am hoping to add a TD to my resume soon. I am in the miltary and have moved around the world quite a bit allowing me to troop with many different garrisons. In the miltary I have been awarded the Army Combat Action Badge and the Bronze Star for multiple tours in the Middle East.

I have a TE2 sandtrooper armor that I bought from Rolf and I am looking forward to trooping in it with pride. My one true happiness in hobbies has always been trooping with my brothers and sisters in the 501st. Look forward to many more years trooping with you all as a member of the MEPD.

John

Welcome, John! (Can we call you "JZ" for short? :lol: )

The MEPD is truly a great group of brothers. I know I keep saying this to newbies here, but it's so true it bears repeating. The forums here are heavily packed with info, and the gents here are extremely helpful. As a complete newb myself, I've learned so much about the hobby here.

Heartfelt thanks to you for serving our great Nation with honor and distinction. Hats off.

Semper Fi.

Hey guys,

I am IC-9890 form the dutch garrison. I already had a account here but it seemd to have vanishd but anyhow my nick is Sand Giant and my real name is Peter Fijten. My TD is finaly ready afther a couple off months of tweaking. I hope that i get my 501st approvemd soon so i can get deployed

Hey guys,

I am IC-9890 form the dutch garrison. I already had a account here but it seemd to have vanishd but anyhow my nick is Sand Giant and my real name is Peter Fijten. My TD is finaly ready afther a couple off months of tweaking. I hope that i get my 501st approvemd soon so i can get deployed

I guess it might be my fault your account went away: http://forum.mepd.net/index.php?showtopic=7366

But welcome back :)

Hello all. My name is Andrew and my wife and I are still fairly new to the world of costuming. I'm currently working on two, a Sandtrooper and a Scout Trooper (I'm also over on BSN under the same name). We both love the epic that is Star Wars and I'm really looking forward to getting started and to get out there and troop. If anyone has any advice or suggestions I'm always open to hear them. I want to make sure the suits are top notch and 501st acceptable as well as MEPD worthy. Looking forward to working, playing and trooping with all of you!!

Thanks in Advance

SandScout

AKA Drew

PS: I'm local Law enforcement officer, and I love this website!!!!

Hello all. My name is Andrew and my wife and I are still fairly new to the world of costuming. I'm currently working on two, a Sandtrooper and a Scout Trooper (I'm also over on BSN under the same name). We both love the epic that is Star Wars and I'm really looking forward to getting started and to get out there and troop. If anyone has any advice or suggestions I'm always open to hear them. I want to make sure the suits are top notch and 501st acceptable as well as MEPD worthy. Looking forward to working, playing and trooping with all of you!!

Thanks in Advance

SandScout

AKA Drew

PS: I'm local Law enforcement officer, and I love this website!!!!

Hey Andrew, welcome!

Make sure to read the MEPD Officer Training thread here. It's a good start.

Then just keep reading everywhere on here. B)

If you have specific questions about what armor is good, check out the two links in my signature.

I also know Bob, the BS detachment leader... he's actually in the same Garrison with me and we troop together a lot. That's just sort of as an "aside"... it won't help you any. :P

Greetings all. I've been a Legion member for nearly two years now. I have an ESB Vader and a black Imperial Officer costume approved. (BTW my pics on the 501st site are very outdated - both costumes have been upgraded to a large degree.) The Garrison Titan TDs are an inspiring group, and now it looks as if I'll be acquiring some used TD armor tomorrow morning. I know right off the bat that I'll be needing footwear, under armor, neck seal, ammo pouches, weapon and eventually a backpack. I'm certain there will be more that I'm just unaware of right now.

Since this will be my third costume, I have the luxury of time. I intend to have fun and get it right, before I ever try to get a troop out of it.

So I'm just finding my way around here at this point. My next stop shall be the MEPD Officer Training thread.

Welcome man!

... My next stop shall be the MEPD Officer Training thread.

That's good to hear... hope it does you good! B)

I'm still adding to it... we'll have a complete collection of everything anyone would want to know about anything TD related there one day. But, for now, it's still the best place to start!

Hi Guys!! I am Chung Wai Chun from the Singapore Garrison, TD 7416! Currently I am waiting for the 501st Legion to approve me then hopefully get Deployed!! =D Hope that I can learn from all of you guys. So, cheers!!

Hi I am Erik and I am new to the whole business. I was told by my home "Garrison Tyrannus" that if I want to be a Sandtrooper I should be a part of MEPD so here I am. What does a newbie like me need to do to start the process as in armor procurement since I do not have the means to form the armor. I really want to get started but do not know how to start. I want to do as much of this myself but not sure what to start with, who to contact, etc.

Hello everyone,

My nickname is Wick, I am student in cinema and I am member of the 501st Prospectors Squad of Belgian Garrison Northern Territory since august.

I have a costume of imperial officer and I hope to have finished my sandtrooper soon.

I was present in London for the Celebration Europe (I was not yet 501st) as in Orlando for the Celebration V. Each time with Jabba the Hutt which we built with my squad.

Thank you to accommodate me on your forum.

Long life with the Legion

Wick

ID 5189