New Users, introduce yourselves here!

SethB6025

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi guys. I'm new to the forums. I joined 501st a few months ago with the central california garrison- mustafar squad. I am going to be aiming for swat level with the captain from the docking bay. Super excited to be part of an elite group doing awesome things for charities. Fyi, In the picture don't kill me the ammo pouches fell off and I have fixed them since. 

IMG_7073.jpg

Hi! Mr Bigwam, almost done with my trooper, got all weathering done, all connections done! Working on the final touches, on my Move Along! See how to load my photos in. Need a few more Items (E11- Backpack - Neck piece, That will be it)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All.

Thanks for admitting me to the forums. A bit about how I got here.

Having "patrolled" during lockdown '20 as a poorly suited Vader with other superheroes to put smiles on trapped kids faces I decided it was finally time for some upgrades and go the full 9 yards to Vader. Rubies suit bought and used a few times, I know I know, then the 501st started to call. Having realised how long a journey that is going (and is being) to be to get clearance a Storm Trooper then would be another long road so maybe in a few years. Others advised an officer so I started to look down the officer route to get out trooping. Just as I did a fully cleared, full RWA Sand Trooper appeared on the RWA FB page. Now usually suits are nowhere near sized correctly for anyone other than the original builder and get parted out and at 6 feet 4, UK based I'd no chance. But no, the ad said built for a slim 6'4 with size 12's in the UK, no way, that's Me! A few measurements over t'internet and boom it was bought, paid and shipped within the week. Just in time for Halloween. Chucked number 1 son 6'2 size 11's and it fitted him like a glove for the night. Fits me the same way. So now I'm looking to get cleared in it and get out trooping. Still can't get the grin off our faces with how it fits, it never happens, but it has. Dream to reality in 5 days. Vader will take a while but that's ok it's what I was expecting and there can be only one. Troopers welcome one and all. I'm hoping to get out a lot in Sandy whenever possible and I hope to meet a lot of you on the way.

Andy

• 3 weeks later...

I sort of blame Urs (Hausi) for why I'm here. I have quite a few costumes built and in-progress, but didn't really feel the need to wear full white armor...yet. 

I'm making a Dengar costume, and Urs has a build thread entitled "Dengar is a Sandtrooper". Haha, funny –– Urs and I discuss Dengar, no big deal –– but that phrase just stuck in my head. 

Fast forward, I start building a Jedha Crystal pack, because it's cool, but if I ever want to carry it... You see where this is going. 

Then RS Propmasters announces a Black Friday sale, and I purchase ANH TD armor kit. Now I'm in for two different Sandtroopers. Insert rolleyes emoji here. 

And that's my story thus far. 

sDmlW1v.jpg

6674r7n.jpg

aNEk2KG.jpg

• Like 1

Hi Don, I am so sorry for getting you into this sandy mess. ;)

However, I am excited to see your build. Your other costumes look amazing and I am sure, you'll find some interesting reading material here, especially knowing you are all about those tiny little details, just as most of the other crazy and great dirty dudes here. 

Great to have you here with us. :salute:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hello all,

I would like to introduce myself. My name is Marcel and I am 41 years old. I have been in the German Garrison for 3 months. I come from Kempen in North Rhine-Westphalia.

TD-94362 reporting for duty. Look out for the nice ID for a Sandtrooper.

Here's to a good time and fantastic Troops.

https://501st.com/members/displaymember.php?userID=34702&costumeID=2

Imperial greetings Marcel

• 2 weeks later...