New Users, introduce yourselves here!

SethB6025

Hello Cesar,
looks pretty good, unfortunately the pictures are a bit small. Try it with directupload.
And please, start a new thread in the right sub-forum, then we can concentrate on your armor there alone. This is the introduction thread for new members.

http://forum.mepd.net/index.php?/forum/3-sandtrooper-armor/

Hi all, my name is Glen, thanks for adding me. I am from the north east of England. I haven’t had my Sandtrooper armour cleared yet as I need to trim the leg pieces, which I will need a little advice on later. I will also have to quiz members on my lid too.

Anyway, thanks for adding me, hope to chat soon  

8548B349-9387-48F0-820B-63A84E0FADC6.jpeg

Hi Glen and welcome to the MEPD. I see you are going for the Move along Captain with your chest weathering. Looks good already. 

I understand that you want to trim your thighs as they seem to reduce your leg movement. It's actually pretty easy, I had to do the same and have used an iron which is used for model airplanes. 

image.png.d86464f1207bf96634ae083bde2269e6.png

This will allow you to create a new Returnedge at the top of the thighs. 

Always feel free to ask any question in the armor section of our forum. 

Cheers mate

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Fellow Troopers!

I'm Matt from Bentonville, AR, but you can call me Mephishto.  I've been costuming all my life.  My most recent build before the Sandy was Groot from Guardians of the Galaxy.  Visibility was low, and I was on stilts.  That was good training for being a Stormtrooper.

Visibility is still low, but now I've got fans!!!!  And speakers, and microphones, and hearing assist, and headphones, and battery packs, and remote controls, and voice modulators, and a PTT button, and an ipod for background noise!

Life is good!!!  Now if only this year wasn't quarantined!

What all is there to do here on this site?  I'm not a big forum user, so...

2_Front2_LR.jpg

Hello Matt,

welcome to the MEPD. Your Sandtroopers looks very good.

What do you have or can do here in the forum? What you want You can take part in discussions about "found parts", you can create a WIP ... anything you want.

Best Regards

bigwam

Hello everyone, 
My name is Justin TI-54155 from Garrison Tyranus. I am finally sitting down to work on my Sandy am hoping to make him at least a Police Officer, I haven't decided on if I will go full Swat yet. 

• 1 month later...

Hello all! Newbie here to trooping . I inherited a 90's HIPS sandtrooper kit that was mostly all there (lol) and am 90% done after studying these and other 501st pages. I've got my application in at Cloud City Garrison and am waiting to submit,  hopefully get approved  (or get more refined ) and when the Covid clears get started trooping.  Really hoping to someday get a group (outpost?) going here in Tillamook Oregon. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hello there!! I’ve always wanted to be a sandtrooper since that day at age 4 when I saw my first movie, Star Wars, in the theater in 1977.  It’s been a long time dream to be able to be a part of the Star Wars universe and a part of the 501st, as well as the ability to give back through charity work. I was a volunteer firefighter for a long time and the joy of giving back never gets old.  I am currently waiting on a commissioned suit of armor from the great folks over at RS Prop Masters. They’ve been fantastic with helping me get the armor together. I’m just really excited and happy to make my love of Star Wars become a reality. I’ve joined Garrison Carida as an Academy cadet and have a great advisor who is also a Sandtrooper, MEPD deployed. I’m doing my build from the beginning to go all the way to SWAT. I’ve been super lucky to make some really good friends here and other 501st forums and the 501st Facebook community.

While I’m waiting for the RS to arrive I’ve been working on electronics for the bucket. USB powered fans, cause I’m usually a sweaty mess, as well as devices to help Bluetooth the TK sound effects through TKswrath’s audio voice changing system. I also found a mini PC board that I can use for heImet hearing assists. I’ve ordered some MP40 pouches from Trooperbay that have arrived and I’m going to start weathering soon. Talked the process over with a few people including my Garrison advisor who is also my GML. And obviously since I like the sand, I’m also working on ANH Tusken Raider to fill the time. Hopefully soon my armor will be in and I can get my hands dirty. I honestly just can’t wait to be a part of this great group, especially the MEPD, The Elite Dirty Troopers. 

IMG_1381-3.jpeg

IMG_1383-3.jpeg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello there MEPD!

Joined the 501st as a TK back in 2015 and have been a member here on MEPD since then, but just got around to requesting my 501st access.  Thinking about finally going Sandy w/ my armor!  

Cheers,

Len

On 4/14/2021 at 10:04 AM, lmc3 said:

Hello there MEPD!

Joined the 501st as a TK back in 2015 and have been a member here on MEPD since then, but just got around to requesting my 501st access.  Thinking about finally going Sandy w/ my armor!  

Cheers,

Len

Welcome!!

• 3 weeks later...