New Users, introduce yourselves here!

SethB6025

Saludos desde México, que todos esten bien, al igual que sus familias, TD 19122, feliz y emocionado por obtener la aprobación de Battlefront Magma Trooper, agradezco la oportunidad de pertenecer al MEPD

q8lxIhv.jpg?1

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone, 

My name is Jean from Chile. I am not part of the 501st, but trying to complete my sandtrooper. I have searching the place to get some info and looks  great. 

Have a good day

• 1 month later...

Hi folks,

my name is Arne, I'm 37 years and from germany. I've orderd a sandtrooper commission at RS and the parcel is about arrive this month. I'm so excited and can't wait! I've ordered it in a clean version and I'm going to weather it myself. I've got a WIP thread at german 501st forum but I'll guess I should start another one here. Great oportunity to practise my english a little bit!

Stay safe out there

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey troops!  Shiny TK-27970 joining up from Outpost 42 - New Zealand.  :trooper:

I have a 3yr old RS-PropMasters kit which is showing signs of yellowing already, so.... it's time to get dirty!  Have ordered pouches & pauldron from RSProps, researching PandaProps channel and practicing weathering.  Not going with a backpack because I usually have servants carrying my stuff for me.  Getting everything ready to convert over during XMAS 2020.

mepd.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi my name is Cesar thank you for letting be part of your command group!

I m so exited to begin this journey with the best department in the galaxy.

I just finished my Sandy, just a few more accessories that I need to find so I can summit the photos. I live is Savannah ga there is a group here in town that are part of the 501st that I will be becoming soon. Is been a long journey to get things ready, but I have learned lots of patience! Again thanks again for accepting my application. Thanks

C8CC8600-DE84-487B-B0AD-D2CCA63035BB.jpeg

Edited by Cesar
  • Like 1

Hello Cesar, welcome here to MEPD, the sandiest place in the galaxy.
Your Sandie looks good ,  a nice example of a dirty Trooper, i love the weathering. But you should remove the two ammo drop boxes, they only have stormtrooper.

z7b7pl7t.jpg

Feel at home here, look around. And do not hesitate to ask if you have any questions.

Best Regards,

bigwam

Thank you so much for responding back! Oh my! It is a complete honor to be accepted to the MEPD. I have been waiting to do this, believe it or not is a cool dream come true for me. 
I know about the ammo packs, the reason they were there is because I had the whole armor displayed but they will be gone when I am getting ready to apply for police Sandtrooper. My goal is to make it to swat but that is going to be an achievement itself! The Sandie armor is ready, I still need to get my E11 and backpack, then I will be ready. Please if maybe u guys can maybe point or get me in contact with some troopers that sell those items that will be great. I remember Dirty Boy makes the backpack but it is been a long time since I spoke to him. Anyway sorry for this long letter. Again thanks for everything!

• Like 1

Hi Cesar,

I am happy to hear that you are aiming for PO and SWAT. Improving one's armor is always desirable.
If you are aiming for level 3 (SWAT), you are emulating a specific trooper. That means, you have to weather your armor exactly as in the film model. You also have to build your blaster and backpack exactly as your dream trooper carries them. Ready-made backpacks that are suitable for level 3 are not sold anywhere. The finished packs mostly correspond to level 2 (PO) and look quite good, but you have to consider: There are many special features of the packs from the fil that you have to copy for level 3: damage, certain paintwork, the position of the components.
Have a look at the build threads here in the forum, browse the SWAT forum. If you have a particular trooper in mind, study them. Pay attention to the specifics. How is the weathering, does the armor or helmet have any special features (number of tube stripes, flaking, ...), how is the backpack constructed ...
It's not always easy, but it is an exciting challenge. And when you have level 3 then you deserve it and wear the patch with pride.
Even if you aim for level 2, it is an improvement on the basic level. The armor, the appearance - everything is closer to the film model. And that's what we want. And here, too, your efforts will be awarded a certificate and a special coin.
I would be happy to read more from you in the near future. Don't hesitate to start a WIP.

Best regards,
bigwam

Wow! Well I have always wanted to go for Move Along trooper but my weathering is already done, chest peace looks good but the rest of the weathering on shoulders and arms perhaps the rest are not matched for MA Captain. I guess I need to go Level 2, maybe not a specific trooper ( maybe a wanna be, haha)  but who knows will see what this awesome journey takes me. I will send pictures of my helmet, I think the helmet is right on, for MA Captain, it was build by Mike from trooperbay it was his #10 he build it is sign by him, and weather by him also. I followed his weathering to match my whole armor!
It was a challenge wow! But it came out nice I think. Anyway that is kinda the look I am going for. It might not be a level3 but maybe a good looking Sandie.

Thanks again.

Hi Cesar and welcome to the sand pit. Great to see your excitement about sandtroopers, you are right, we are the coolest. B)

Your armor looks great and I also dig the weathering. 

Aiming for SWAT can be quite challenging, even more so if your desired trooper is the infamous Move Along Captain. Have a look at this application thread (it's actually my own application;)) to see some of the characteristic details of this specific trooper: 

Also have a look at the threads of our latest Officers who have successfully completed their application:

http://forum.mepd.net/index.php?/forum/12-mepd-police-officer-program/

Have fun browsing the forum, there's heaps of information here. 

On 8/11/2020 at 4:45 AM, BigBadFun said:

Hey troops!  Shiny TK-27970 joining up from Outpost 42 - New Zealand.  :trooper:

I have a 3yr old RS-PropMasters kit which is showing signs of yellowing already, so.... it's time to get dirty!  Have ordered pouches & pauldron from RSProps, researching PandaProps channel and practicing weathering.  Not going with a backpack because I usually have servants carrying my stuff for me.  Getting everything ready to convert over during XMAS 2020.

mepd.jpg

Hi mate and welcome to the dirty side of the Empire. 

I'm pretty sure your kit will look even better as soon as it's been dirtied up. 

But what was that about having servants carrying your stuff around for you? A Sandtrooper's most characteristic part of equipment is the backpack and we carry it with pride. :D

Hello all, thank you for approving my forum access, hopefully it'll be upgraded to 501st access soon (signed up on that thread).

My name is Steven aka TI-50303 "Mython the Space Python". I am a member of the Alabama Garrison and currently have a TIE Pilot, TIE Reserve and Bridge Crew. I've almost completed a Imperial Gunner costume and looking into future costume ideas and this detachment interests me a lot. Look forward to browsing the forums and learning more about the different costume builds and information on how and where to find the materials and lastly seeing all your cool builds and trooping photos!

Have an Imperial day,

Mython

Welcome Mython, I just join also! I am glad for you! Hope u enjoy your journey I am working on my Sandie. I am trying to go with the Move Along trooper, I am sure I have a long work. These guys are amazing, since I join they reach out to me, giving me lots of encouragement and helpful tips. It is going to so cool! Wish u the best!

• Upvote 1