New Users, introduce yourselves here!

SethB6025

Not sure if this is my first or second welcome post, but hello from New York!  I am just fully recovered from Celebration Chicago, and would love to begin my journey of making a Sandtrooper costume happen.  I hope to learn all I can from everyone here and hopefully in due time have a Sandtrooper looking back at me in the mirror!  I'm very excited and can't wait!  Please help educate me on where to start :)

Hi mate and welcome to the MEPD, good choice:duim:, having a Sandtrooper looking back at you in the mirror is the best feeling ever! Roam all the build and application threads here, loads of information and always feel free to ask questions, this is a quite active forum. Have fun! 

On 4/30/2019 at 10:38 AM, MQuack said:

Not sure if this is my first or second welcome post, but hello from New York!  I am just fully recovered from Celebration Chicago, and would love to begin my journey of making a Sandtrooper costume happen.  I hope to learn all I can from everyone here and hopefully in due time have a Sandtrooper looking back at me in the mirror!  I'm very excited and can't wait!  Please help educate me on where to start :)

Hello, Matt! I’m in the capital district and a part of Garrison Excelsior. Where are you located?

Hey fellow Sandie's.

Joined into the UK Garrison at the end of last year so about time I got into the Mepd as well.

I'm based in Essex, England and so far have loved every moment of trooping.

Will be going for police officer at some point but need to lose a little weight to close up the sides first before I do anything. 2f72bfd2d7d958602679738e7ff07fce.jpg10ff25a61e8b451d968bb5ba37755529.jpg363b18c922455b377088bec8d2b27222.jpg

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Hey, all! I'm new to the MEPD, but I've been in the Legion for 3 years this March. I'm originally from the US, but I now reside in BC, Canada. I'm looking to start a Mimban trooper and had some questions about starting my build. 

• Like 1

Hello there,

currently collecting all the stuff to create a sandtrooper. 

I know from other detachments, that building threads are a great way to do it right. Is that the case here too? Because I looked for existing building threads but they're rare. Is it because a lot of users don't build a sandie from scratch but modify an existing TK instead?

Welcome to all new Sandies and future dirty dudes! :salute:

@Carcharoth many here (myself included) haven't had a TK and have directly build their Sandtrooper gear. I for one have posted my build thread on my local garrison forum and have only later joined this detachment to apply for higher level certification and I could assume that that was the case with many other TDs here as well.

However, you are very welcome to post your build thread here and ask for advice. Have fun building mate! 

Hello all. I’m currently building a TD here in Arizona. I already have a TK that is 501st approved,  but I really want a TD. I’m finishing up the build. I do have to dirty it up and get some accessories to complete it. Looking forward to talking to you all and hopefully getting some pointers on becoming a good representative of the MEPD. 

Mike

• Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 10:18 PM, CaptainCunning said:

Hey, all! I'm new to the MEPD, but I've been in the Legion for 3 years this March. I'm originally from the US, but I now reside in BC, Canada. I'm looking to start a Mimban trooper and had some questions about starting my build. 

Hey Captain Cunning/ Danny,

We have a whole section dedicated to the Mimban trooper:

http://forum.mepd.net/index.php?/forum/85-mimban-trooper/

You can ask your question here and other Mimban troops will gladly help you out!

Cheers!

TK-22471 here, just looking for build/repair tips for my armor that may not be on FISD boards.
Eventually I will convert to TD, or do a separate TD build..this is a good place for a scouting mission!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Troopers I'm a new recruit at the 501st Southern Dewbacks and I'm glad I'm going to be a Sandy oneday, everyone's been welcoming and helpful in my garrison, I have been researching and reading a lot of information can't wait to start my build.

Sent from my CPH1701 using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Hey everyone! TD-82214, Garrison Tyranus member reporting in!

I have been a TK for about a year and a half, but finally decided to join the Dirt Side :td:

I just got my TD approved last night and have my first troop in the costume in a couple of weeks. I plan on building a pack at some point and going for Deployed. In FISD I was EIB, so it's not much of a stretch as far as costume requirements.

See you in the field!

JVB4Lf.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi folks, my name is Chris, 

Greetings from Ireland :D

I have been a long time lurker on here but never got around to actually joining this forum, been too busy with other projects and such but finally getting back to my love of sandies.

Thinking about building a costume in the near future, not sure yet, have a few bits and pieces for a backpack and playing around with Moulding and casting at the moment.

• 1 month later...

Greetings from Washington State!  

I've wanted to build a Stormtrooper armor kit most of my life, and decided I better get on it before I'm a grandpa!  

I have an AM kit sitting here ready to be built up, and think I have all the buttons, glue and what not to make it happen.  I'm excited to finally get to do this!  

Now, do I build up a Heavy Weapons Trooper, Sandtrooper or a Mimban style trooper... ?  :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 1:35 AM, jwelch said:

Hi there Jim/14923 started again on a Sandy can't wait to get it done.  quick question are we able to change our username

Shoot me a PM with the desired name and I'll change it for you buddy :)