New Users, introduce yourselves here!

SethB6025

Welcome, Jeff! I was born and raised right outside Atlanta (Cobb County), but after my service with the Army my wife had us move to upstate NY where she's from. Glad to see you make the jump to MEPD as this is where you'll want to be!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi I'm Tony from Melbourne, Australia and a member of Knightfall Garrison. 

I'm an approved Scout and Staff Officer currently about 90% through a RogueOne TK build.  However since seeing the Mimban Troopers from Solo I am seriously tempted to turn to the muddy side.  So since this will surely be the Mimban Troopers home,  here I am.

Hello fellow Police Officers of the Empire!

Active duty Navy Military Police (Master at Arms) Chief currently displaced and stationed out in sunny El Centro CA!

I am part of the Imperial Sands Garrison and literally Just got my approval for my TD on Saturday! It was my first build and after having served two tours in the “sandbox” it was pretty easy to go “dirty”! I went with the “stop that ship” trooper variation and posted my build thread up on our garrison forum. If it is ok with the mods I would like to repost it up on here if that is ok?

I’m not going to lie, but I trolled these forums a lot! Picked up my pouch set from blaster8266 and emailed pandatrooper a couple of times for advice...I also had an awesome mentor from my Garrison assist me in my build!

Anyway, I look forward to typing it up and hopefully meeting some of you all out in the field!

Dan (TD-15169)

f8d4ff327faf8b223b1d7dbe61e5e8f7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi all!

I'm brand new here. I currently do Indiana Jones cosplay with a near screen accurate Raiders Indy outfit. After seeing all the fun the 501st was having at C2E2 in Chicago (that's me as Indy in the pic attached)  this year I have decided I need to join up. I am learning all the details and absorbing it all in before I order any armour. I'm planning to go to the Joliet Library Star Wars Day this coming Saturday and talk to the 501st delegation there. I'm wanting to a Sandtrooper because I love ANH and love the weathered look of the armour. Also, the fact ANH and Raiders  share Tunisia adds to the appeal for me. My goal is to have armour ready in time for SW Celebration in Chicago next year.

-Jeff

C2E2_2018.thumb.jpg.8ce9787d557f4b46dc51ed1d9c164d28.jpg

Hey Everyone!

First off thank you for the add to the group.  I am currently an active member with the Astromechs and have been trooping with my local Kansas 501 since last year with my R2.  Since joining the group I have been tossing the idea around of completing a set of armor to be official.  Last week I finally pulled the trigger on a set of WTF TK armor with the intention of making it dirty.  Since I have 6-8 weeks before my armor arrives, I thought I would get started by working on printing/ordering a DLT-19 and building/ordering a field pack.   Been researching both since I joined the page, like the Astromech's there is a ton of information to go through.  Once again thanks for the add and thanks in advance for all my questions.

Dustin

Hello all! My name is Larissa, out of Riverview/Tampa Florida. I'm aiming for a completed Sandy by next year's MegaCon at the latest, which gives me plenty of time -hopefully- to get everything together and approval ready. I've aready got a few of my friends who are official with the 501st, and the MEPD specifically, able to help me locally, so hopefully this is all smooth sailing.

1 hour ago, Airborne Trooper said:

Welcome, Dustin. If you can put together an R2, you can put together armor. Probably for much cheaper too! LOL

Thanks!  I have actually put together 2 sets already.  I put together a TK for a mannequin in my office and a Fem TK Shadowtrooper for my wife.  I think the weathering of the TD will be my biggest challenge, or maybe trimming the armor to fit me.  Much much cheaper than my R2.

2 hours ago, LarLar_Binks said:

Hello all! My name is Larissa, out of Riverview/Tampa Florida. I'm aiming for a completed Sandy by next year's MegaCon at the latest, which gives me plenty of time -hopefully- to get everything together and approval ready. I've aready got a few of my friends who are official with the 501st, and the MEPD specifically, able to help me locally, so hopefully this is all smooth sailing.

Welcome to the sandy side Larissa! If you need any help feel free to reach out. Nice to have more Florida sandies to join the ranks of the Twin Suns Patrol! 

1 hour ago, henselmonster said:

Welcome to the sandy side Larissa! If you need any help feel free to reach out. Nice to have more Florida sandies to join the ranks of the Twin Suns Patrol! 

Thanks so much! I knew I'd always liked the dirtier side of things, but after seeing my friend Bram with his kit in person, I knew I had to take the plunge. It'll be exciting to get started and meet all the locals! 

So it's a bit premature for me right now, but was wondering where I would go to submit for TD approval.  Looking at FISD that appears to handle the approvals of TK's, and MEPD handles the PO and SWAT levels.  Did I miss something or am I looking in the wrong spots?  Thanks

Detachments such as FISD for our squeaky clean TK friends and MEPD for sandtroopers do not provide basic 501st access. For that, you need to contact your local garrison's GML (Garrison Member Liason). Please checkout 501st.com to find out your local garrison. SIgn up on their forum/facebook page. For level 2 and above, you'll contact your appropriate detachment.  

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone!

My name is Edward.  My Star Wars collection is constantly evolving.  From ‘78 3-3/3” figs to statues and to Hot toys. Then when I started realizing if I’m spending that kind of money on hot toys, why not take it to the ultimate level.....life size. 

It all started with my scout

413914325.jpg

then came my esb vader

413723773.jpg

not far behind is my esb stormtrooper 

still needs adjusting (the thighs and shoulder bells)

413735063.jpg

WIP snow trooper

413734614.jpg

413734210.jpg

WIP ROTJ Emperor Palpatine

413942741.jpg

Sandtrooper has has always been one of my favorite troopers.  And now that my second Anovos to kit came in, I’m ready to get this going.

Hey Edward, thanks for the introduction!

It looks like you've already been the busy trooper with all those costumes :duim:

Good luck with your build and enjoy the MEPD :dance:

On ‎3‎-‎7‎-‎2018 at 6:12 AM, Whiskey said:

Thanks dutchy!

ill do my best to make you guys proud!

After looking at your other costumes for a 2nd time I know that you will do a great job! :duim:

• Upvote 1

Morning all, aspiring sandtrooper here! To cut a long story short I'm acquiring a vacuum formed kit from a friend who no longer wants to build it after it's been in a box for a few years. I spoke to one of your members (sorry I forgot your name, you were wearing an M.E.P.D hat and I was a bright yellow mandalorian) at star wars gathering this weekend in Liverpool and I'm looking forward to getting my hands on the kit and join the empire. I'm an official member of the Mandalorian mercs based in  North Wales, UK, but I'm led to believe building armour from a vacu-formed kit is a completely different beast to scratch building a suit of beskar'gam.