New Users, introduce yourselves here!

SethB6025

5 hours ago, Airborne Trooper said:

Welcome, Chris. We have some great members in FL that I am sure will be there to help you along your way. 

A few things to remember, take your time building and most importantly, have fun doing it! You definitely made the right decision to go sandie! Many of us used acrylic paint to weather but there are many that also went with fullers. Look at some weathering threads and decide for yourself. I hope to see your build thread shortly! If you need any help, you can always PM me if you like. 

Thanks! I actually have both the paints and the fuller's on hand, still researching the techniques, both seem proven to have a great outcome with that dirty / 3d look. Saw you're from "upstate" I lived in Rochester, and Carmel NY back in the day, then move east in to CT. Then got sick of the cold lol, and came down here.  

On 9/22/2017 at 9:07 PM, Kazarak said:

Thanks! I actually have both the paints and the fuller's on hand, still researching the techniques, both seem proven to have a great outcome with that dirty / 3d look. Saw you're from "upstate" I lived in Rochester, and Carmel NY back in the day, then move east in to CT. Then got sick of the cold lol, and came down here.  

Yeah, I'm in the Albany area. I was brought up here from NC by my wife after I left the military. I am a Georgia boy so I HATE the Winters up here. 30 more years until retirement and I'll move back south lol!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello and thanks for accepting me. I'm Juho from Uppsala, Sweden and Ive been scouting around here for some time. Had the 501st Legion in my mind for several years now. So now I'm waiting for my RS Propmasters Sandtrooper armor to arrive. Well i went for the full commission this time. So hopefully i can be a proud member in the near future and go trooping.

hello troopers!

im from virginia, and joined up back in early july with my local garrison and with the pathfinders.  although a biker scout will be my first build, im still waiting on parts to show up so, during the waiting/downtime i decided to go ahead and sign up with all the detachments within the 501st that i could.  browse the forums around the 501st and see possibly what might be my next build.

thanks for accepting me and hope to see some of you all out there someday!

1 hour ago, 762s said:

hello troopers!

im from virginia, and joined up back in early july with my local garrison and with the pathfinders.  although a biker scout will be my first build, im still waiting on parts to show up so, during the waiting/downtime i decided to go ahead and sign up with all the detachments within the 501st that i could.  browse the forums around the 501st and see possibly what might be my next build.

thanks for accepting me and hope to see some of you all out there someday!

Hey there 762s, I'm in VA too...in Inferno Squad (Northern VA).  Hope we get to troop together some day.  Good luck on your build.  Enjoy your stay at the MEPD, we've got an excellent group here!

• Upvote 1

Thought I might re-introduce myself, since I’ve been afk for, drumroll, 6 years :peace:

I’ve had an ATA kit, Dirtyboy Move Along backpack, various pouches etc etc sitting in the loft of my garage ever since we moved here. Moving, new jobs, kids etc just got in the way - until now! I’ve also got a complete all alu R2, just need foot drives and paint. But I think I’ll wait until my son can join in on the work.

My TD on the other hand is currently all over our kitchen and living room, only some small details and weathering left and I’m ready for the 501st and then deployment here. Am building to MEPD standards from the get go, so hopefully that will go smoothly. Am dreading the weathering a bit, but am a trained artist/designer so I know my way around acrylics. Anyone done a combo of acrylics and fullers earth?

2je0r8.jpg4r9phv.jpg

That’s how I weathered mine, acrylics then fullers earth. Then I went back in and would tint some of the fullers earth with acrylics. I was a professional illustrator for years and worked in the toy industry. I kind of looked at the armor as one big model. I think a combo of the two mediums gives you a nice real world feel. I used liquitex acrylics, raw umber/Payne’s grey and the 2nd coat was a mix of raw umber/raw sienna. Also added some 50% grey and pencil at the end. Looking forward to see your finished armor!

d0033d60435db308d339bc280f82f1e9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20 hours ago, tattoodude414 said:

Hi all im Art from Ct and im very excited to become a Tk HWT , i ordered my armor and im excited to being my build ... i hope this is the right forum for the trooper i want to build

3 hours ago, Airborne Trooper said:

HWT belongs to First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment (FISD) @ www.whitearmor.net. Not too late to go real dirty and stay with us though! 

Exactly, the HWT belong to the FISD but you could always go for a battlefront Magmatrooper ;)

:salute:

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, tattoodude414 said:

i would love to stay with being dirty ..

Then going for a sandtrooper is the way to go..or one of the other exciting new costumes that have found their home in the MEPD.

• 1 month later...

Welcome to the MEPD Markus!

You're already a great looking sandie and with the help from the other lads from germany you'll definitley reach PO and SWAT status if that's your aim.

Good luck!!