New Users, introduce yourselves here!

SethB6025

Hello!  Thank you very much for the invite and for accepting me. :)  Jim, from the Philippines reporting!  Just wanted to share my R1TK build and if the Jedha trooper is assigned here, then i'll be joining your dirty ranks as well. :) 

Here's my currently very shiny R1TK:  The armor was sculpted from scratch, molded, and cast in flexible fiberglass.  The helmet is a cast of a heavily modified BS. 

N9qmrm.jpg

7IdpnO.jpg

ADXImV.jpg

wRUVKu.jpg

I'm still building the Jedha Pack. :)  

On ‎30‎-‎6‎-‎2017 at 4:07 PM, jimmiroquai said:

Hello!  Thank you very much for the invite and for accepting me. :)  Jim, from the Philippines reporting!  Just wanted to share my R1TK build and if the Jedha trooper is assigned here, then i'll be joining your dirty ranks as well. :) 

I'm still building the Jedha Pack. :)  

Hey Jim, welcome to the boards of the MEPD and what splendid work you have done with creating the R1 armor!!

..and the Jedha trooper is assigned to us so we'll be sseing you here much more often ;)

Maybe you could be the"model" for the CRL when you have a pack, but that's another type of discussion.

:salute:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone , My name is Martín ( Darth_Ranger ) ID: TD/6758 , member of the 501st Legion Costa Rica Garrison... I have 8 years in the Legion with my comrades.

I'm very proud of being here and belong to this Detachment, because Sandtroopers are my favorite costume in all the ways and forms.

The fact of the law enforcement / police way that envolves this character and costume makes me love even more at the same way of the 501st Legion Charity reason.

I want to share with yours that my armor reminds me my father , he was a police officer here in costa rica, and now in mexico in Guadalajara Jalisco.

My dad takes all of the responsabilty of my love of starwars..

As we say here in Costa Rica..

PURA VIDA!!..

Martin A J.

Shawn here from the Alaskan Garrison. Received my approval this morning from the Legion! TD 40603...My first build and lemme tell ya it was a great experience. Several members of this detachment helped me get started and made me some fantastic uniform items/weapons/etc. Very thankful for my Sandy bros!!!

Hello Sandy people, "Salute" Chris here, from Sarasota FL. Starting completely fresh to the 501st and TD/TK builds. This is my first 501st costume, I just got a huge brown box and had white thermo-formed pieces all over my room. I figured I am going "all in" and going with a sandy. One could never fathom the amount of detail required to make this kit, (so I guess I came to the right place) I have been researching and reading what seems like forever.

Right now building the kit, then off to dirty it up, love all the FAQ's and information here. Was going to try the panda method vs fuller's comments? 

Be well everyone

Chris 

Welcome, Chris. We have some great members in FL that I am sure will be there to help you along your way. 

A few things to remember, take your time building and most importantly, have fun doing it! You definitely made the right decision to go sandie! Many of us used acrylic paint to weather but there are many that also went with fullers. Look at some weathering threads and decide for yourself. I hope to see your build thread shortly! If you need any help, you can always PM me if you like.