New Users, introduce yourselves here!

SethB6025

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, 

I recently got my IC approved.  My next project is going to be a TI, but I figured that I might as well get a jump start on my TD, as well. The TD is going to be a long term project.

I've done some research and I've decided that, due to my unique form of OCD, that there are certain things I can live with and a few I cannot.  For instance, I can look at and tolerate the hand painted (or decals replicating hand painted) details on the helmet, but if I make my helmet with an off-center ****-eyed brow piece I'm going to want to rip it off and straighten it every time I look at it. :)

I'm assuming that these little things will disqualify me for SWAT.  I'm ok with that, at least for now.

I'm going to go with the Docking Bay 94 V2 Tuck and Roll Captain.

I have a tank assault game with a DoopyDoo's Macrobinocular conversion kit that is almost complete.  Still needs a bit of filling and sanding and paint.  I understand that these were approved for trooping in the 501st at one point; don't know if they still are.  If I make it sandy, would it be ok to troop with?

I'm sure I'll have more questions and I'll try to research before I ask, but I'm sure you'll get more from me.

Thanks,

Rand

First of all welcome to the MEPD Rand!!

Good to have you on board.

Building a TD can cause headaches from time to time but that's where other members step in to assist you with your build  and questions.

A macrobinoc is still allowed as an accessory and won't cause any problems getting your 501st basic TD approval.

Please do read the CRL if you need any clarification regarding what's allowed and needed for each level.

http://www.mepd.net/crl/

Good luck with your build and do post some work in progress pictures!

:salute:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, my name is Pawel from Poland but based in Dubai.

Still waiting for my first TD armor, and cant wait to receive it!!!

Till now just playing with my Hasbro helmet as a #rostwortrooper :)

Hope to become PO soon!

16996936_10154696915904475_30621796_n.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 06/02/2017 at 0:27 AM, Yooda2004 said:

Hi

I'm on the forum for a couple of months now and I realize I didn't properly introduce myself 

my name is Jerome, I'm 42 and I live in Brussels, Belgium 

I joined the 501st in June 2016 and I'm now a TK (ANH stunt centurion) and a TI (ANH and reserve) with the Belgian fanwars garrison.

But I've decided to go dirty !

My armor is almost ready, just waiting for some pouches and I'll be ready to submit. 

So i guess I'll talk to you again soon ;-)

j. 

Welcome aboard :)

Hi

I'm on the forum for a couple of months now and I realize I didn't properly introduce myself 

my name is Jerome, I'm 42 and I live in Brussels, Belgium 

I joined the 501st in June 2016 and I'm now a TK (ANH stunt centurion) and a TI (ANH and reserve) with the Belgian fanwars garrison.

But I've decided to go dirty !

My armor is almost ready, just waiting for some pouches and I'll be ready to submit. 

So i guess I'll talk to you again soon ;-)

j. 

Please do your best.
I am looking forward to completion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello,

New to the forum, I am working on my first build which is a Sandtrooper, I pick up a set of AP Stunt armor about a week ago from FISD. I am a cadet in 501st Garrison Carida in Cranberry TWP, PA.   I am currently build an E-11 Blaster right now, I have seen a lot of good tricks for building props on different for sites and I am always looking for different ways to get the job done and make them as accurate as possible. As for myself, I am currently in school for Radiological sciences (X-Ray Tech), and in the AF Reserves with the 911th out of Coraopolis, PA.  So thank you again for having me

Hello everyone. I'm from Dallas. Decided to do a sandy because a TK was just too shiny. Plus sandys have cooler weapons. I'm a nurse so weekends are usually my only building times. USMC veteran. Looking forward to getting dirty! Everyone has been super helpful.