New Users, introduce yourselves here!

SethB6025

Hi guys!

My name is Luis, I'm from Portugal!

I'm already a 501st member, I had my Kashyyyk Trooper costume approved in the beginning of May.

Now I'm setting my sights on a sandtrooper costume.

I wanna do a grunt what would be the appropriate pauldron?

15 hours ago, LoveMonkey said:

Welcome Luis. If you want to do a grunt, you'll probably want to do the black pauldron

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers! And thanks for the input bro!

IMG_2574_zpsqvhrcrmg.jpgHi. I am Paul from the UK and I have an RS TK ANH Stunt Armour . My colleague and I have just built a very accurate Rogue One TK Stormtrooper field pack. We are hoping (if its welcome) to publish the build thread in here and share all our findings with you in due course. It is a beautifully made prop that features in the upcoming film and deserves this focus and attention. Look forward to posting soon :)IMG_2569_zpsy27dtbnm.jpg

Check out http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/38-getting-started-read-this-first/ as it's a great base to learn the difference between vendors. Do your research and find out which one will work for your body type and budget. If you have any questions just ask! 

Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself....  My name is Jesse Vitela from Houston, Texas. First saw Star Wars in '77 when I was 4.  Halloween of that year, I wanted to be a stormtrooper and Christmas I wanted a lightsaber.. 36 years later, I finally bought my first lightsaber ( now I have 11 )  and a week ago today, I finally got my trooper costume.  I bought it from a 501st member, so it's already up to code. Well, most of it. I need a blaster and boots and a few minor adjustments.

I really hope to try to get into the 501st very, very soon..  For now, I'm just going to be a happy little nerd wearing my armor wherever I can ...  My poor kid is screwed when the next parent teacher conference comes up...

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys -

I've been trooping a Gunner since July, and am nearly done with my TIE pilot (just need to finish helmet), so I'm looking toward my next costume. A guy in my garrison had an Anovos TK kit he never touched and I got it at a very reasonable price. Now I'm leaning toward making it into a TD.

I'm trying not to start do anything to the kit until I'm 100% on my TI and can really focus. I've read through a couple of the Anovos threads and I'm putting together a list of parts I'll need to do the conversion.  I'm guessing I'll do a backpack-less configuration to start with and see how it goes. No strong feelings about pauldron color or weapon/pouch setup at the moment.

Mike

Would love to steer new guys from forgoing HWT all together and going straight sandtrooper off the bat. We have the big guns and play in the dirt! 

On 11/4/2016 at 5:45 PM, TanRu said:

Hey guys -

I've been trooping a Gunner since July, and am nearly done with my TIE pilot (just need to finish helmet), so I'm looking toward my next costume. A guy in my garrison had an Anovos TK kit he never touched and I got it at a very reasonable price. Now I'm leaning toward making it into a TD.

I'm trying not to start do anything to the kit until I'm 100% on my TI and can really focus. I've read through a couple of the Anovos threads and I'm putting together a list of parts I'll need to do the conversion.  I'm guessing I'll do a backpack-less configuration to start with and see how it goes. No strong feelings about pauldron color or weapon/pouch setup at the moment.

Mike

Hit up Walt's Trooper Factory for the 3 button ab strip and diamond knee plate. He's located in CT so shouldn't take long to get 

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome Maxi!

Maybe you could contact Pino Eichhorn, TD-5074. He is a bit shorter too( no offense bro') and could help you out with getting it all fit to your measurements.

Good luck and hope to see you in the Cantina soon!

:salute:

22 hours ago, Airborne Trooper said:

Well if you're already a TK then you've already done most of the hard part. Careful trimming will definitely be required. 

yes you are right. I know how it should look like. :D  I think I need a smaller Pauldron and backpack.  

14 hours ago, LoveMonkey said:

Welcome Maxi

thank you :)

In that case, you will want one of the kids sized pauldrons and build your backpack based on the park seed trays which is a lot smaller. Hit up Crashmann here and I guarantee you he can help you with your pack needs. Let me find a source for the pauldron.