New Users, introduce yourselves here!

SethB6025

Hi everyone! My name is Ian and I love building models and props. I have been building and collecting for about 10 years now and the drive keeps on going haha.

I recently joined the 501st as an Imperial Gunner. I currently have the Anovos kit and was considering turning it into either a Sandtrooper or the Imperial Shock Trooper from Battlefront, but I think I have decided on the TD. I enjoy trying to capture all the dings and scratches of the original costumes and props, so I think this group will be right up my alley. Thanks! I can't wait to get involved in the community!

https://www.facebook.com/Starchwreck-Props-Models-426236624190464/

Hey all,

My name us Paul aka Shelburne. I'm live in Ontario, Canada and have loved star wars since I was kid. I have been married for 16 years and have 3 beautiful little girls. I recently found out about the 501st when I started going to my local comic cons a couple years ago. Needless to say I got very excited and loved how the 501st does so much for people and charities.

After talking to the boss (my wife) I got the go ahead to go on this adventure.

It's all a little overwhelming on where to begin,what to do etc. The forums are a great help but alot to read and take in. I was originally thinking of being a HWT, but after further research and conversations, Dirty Boy convinced me to go sandy. Dirty Boy has been very patient with me thus far with all my questions and noobness...lol So thank you!

I am currently on RT-MOD's waiting list, have my pauldron and have now ordered a SWAT level pack from Dirty Boy. I am assuming RT-MOD does do TD armor but I have emailed him to confirm. I hope to be deployed early 2017 and one day be a SWAT member. Enough rambling from me and I hope to troop with some of you in the near future.

Hey guys I've been building my AP TK for a few weeks when I figured out I'm too thick at the shoulders to use the correct shoulder straps. So I had to choose between rigging up longer ones or doing TD.

I choose TD, wanted to someday anyways :)

Hi, everyone! I'm Andrea, or you can call me Ky. I live in Southern California down near the ISG, I'm a Star Wars fan and prospective merc, and I'm a sewist. Since I'm unemployed and looking for more things to sew than just what I sell in my Etsy shop, a clan mate suggested costume soft parts. Another friend in the 501st leaned on me to join the various detachments and offer to sew soft parts for them. So, here I am. With a little research and prototyping, I can probably get you guys some cool stuff before long. And who knows? Maybe you'll get a Sandtrooper kit outta me. Thanks!

Hey fellow Troopers,

My name is Damon, like the rest of you, I'm a big Star Wars fan. I am married, have 2 kids (that also love Star Wars), & live in Northern VA (close to DC). I like to make Star Wars short films and make inexpensive Star Wars props with my kids. We built this lightsaber a few weeks ago: click here to view.

According to FedEx, my Anovos BBB will arrive today. I'm looking forward to getting started. I have tons of MEPD pages bookmarked already. This place is a treasure trove of information. I am hoping to document my experience.

My goal is to get 501st membership. Can I go in directly as a TD, or do I need to start as a TK? Since I'm starting with a fresh kit of armor, I'd like to just build it as a TD. Any feedback would be appreciated!

Hi all
I am Bastian 37 years old an im from Leverkusen ( Germany )
I am member of the 501st legion German Garrison ( White Shadows ) since 2002.
I was a long time retired but im back since this year to serve the empire with a
RS Propmasters ANH Stunt Armour. My next step is a Sandtrooper thats why im here to get a lot of informations.
I hope for a nice time with you all and to meet some of you.
Best regards from Germany.

http://www.501st.com/members/displaymemberdetails.cfm?userID=2904