New Users, introduce yourselves here!

SethB6025

No apology needed, welcome to your second home !! Will u come to UK for CE3 ? Smally and I look fwd to meeting even more of the mepd family !

Yes, I will go to UK. I hope to have my Sandtrooper for CE3. Smally was one of the friends I made the promise ;)

So here's my question, and maybe I just haven't found it yet despite my searching. I'm very close to pulling the trigger and purchasing an AM kit (I'm 6'4" and 220 lbs, so I think this is the best kit available for me at the moment). My question is, what needs to be changed on the basic TK kit to make it a TD apart from pouches and weathering?

Hi guys, my name is Felix and i'm from germany. Since over a year ago i wanted to make me a sandtrooper. Due to a longer disease i had to stop my plans, but i was still reading in this great community and have done my research. Now i'm ready again, the parts are ordered and as soon as they arrive i'll start a WIP. I'll build two troopers at the same time, the cantina captain for me and the 'move along' together with my best friend. The ultimate goal is of course SWAT(i love real challenges, and this will be a tough one). Thanks to the community for this awesome project named MEPD, would be an honor to be part of it!

Felix

Hi everyone.Signing up to attempt my first white armor build, and my 2nd 501st costume. I'm staying on Tatooine, I'm just going from a Denizen (Jawa) to a true member of the Empire, TD. My husband and I have never tried out hands at doing hard armour before, so this should be an interesting journey.

Expect a build thread with lots of pics and questions. ;)

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello MEPD!

My name is Jerry and I am an aspiring 501st member and TD. Been reading incessantly for a few months now but finally signed up. I acquired armor a couple months ago and had to make the decision to go TK or TD. There is just something about a well weathered TD with all the gear and a BFG. I also live in the Arizona desert so the choice was easy. sandy for me!

A little bit about my armor project. I acquired a set of armor from one of the founding fathers of the storm/sand trooper movement, Marco enterprises. He is selling off his remaining sets and I got my hands on one. It's been a very interesting journey. Marco armor was the predecessor to FX and there are a lot of similarities. Also a lot of differences. The project is nearing completion and I look forward to posting a build (modification) thread on the experience. It's come a long way and in the end, I know it will be something that the legion and I can be proud of.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello MEPD!! My name is Jeff and I live in Ontario Canada! It has been a life long dream to become a Sandtrooper and having the 501st and MEPD to help me along has been a blessing in disguise. I am still researching all topics for an armour set and will hopefully pull the trigger soon. Cant wait for it to be complete and join the MEPD ranks. SWAT here I come! Anyways, just wanted to say cant wait to troop with my brothers. See you all soon in the Cantina!

Kaspar

Welcome to the MEPD Melanie, Jeff, Jerry and Felix...now get to the Cantina for your first glass of blue milk.

Good luck to you all and I'm looking forward to seeing you all joining our ranks as an Officer or SWAT.

Hi everyone, my name is David and I'm from Colorado. I currently have a Darth Nihilus (COTF) approved for 501st and figured I'd try my hand at an armored tooper. I picked up a mostly assembled TK kit from a fellow garrison member who is my size and had to sell it to raise funds for other stuff. I've ordered from trooperbay the shoulder straps, knee plate, helmet decals, fullers earth and neck seal. I still need to order an orange pauldron, boots and a large spanish pouch as I plan to do the Roadblock V2 for basic approval and move on to MP40 pouches and a pack later on for the Docking Bay 94 setup.

My name is Mike and I'm IG-91101 from Garrison Titan (Washington State). I'm currently in the middle of my TK build (AM 2.0) and am considering going dirty. I'm a cop, so I like the whole PD thing you have going on here. Plus, they have all the great lines.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all :] My name is Ethan, I'm currently very excited/nervous to say how interested I am in joining you all, and make my first ever TD!

When i was in high school I saw a guy on a plane with a 501st Legion patch on his leather jacket and I was instantly intrigued.

Needless to say, several years later, I am in a place that I can actually afford to make my own armor (besides the fact that I'm saving for a wedding in May, haha but who needs a woman when you can be a sandtrooper, amirght? :P).

But If i'm to speak honestly, i've been checking out several sites for the last couple days, and understand the lists of needs and all that, but I have no idea where to start.

I don't know how to do anything in terms of vacuum forming and what not, or making molds. I am however extremely patient and willing to learn :] (I built my first really nice gaming PC in 2012, so I'm excited for the challenge!) I still have a lot of research to do!

Anyway, I'm happy to be here, and I look forward to meeting you all! :]

Ethan

Hi guys,

Very excited to have finally taken the first steps in to the 501st and the MEPD. I'm new to this so forgive me if I've signed up prematurely.

I have done loads of research and am about to order my first armour. I've opted for a custom build from RS as I don't want to risk building it myself and screwing up. Figured I'd get familiar with the set up a and go from there.

I'm based in the UK so have opted to get my armour and all the trimmings from RS. Any advice/thought on my choice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Paul

Hello everyone,

Born and raised in Long Beach and just bought a home in Norwalk,Ca. Currently I'm in the process of building an R2D2. That will be my main focus till its finished.

I'm a LONG time lurker, joined not to long ago but just now getting to introduce myself. I too jumped on the anovos train, and planning on converting it to a sandy. While waiting for my order I've gone ahead and purchased my boots, pauldron, E-11 blaster. Looking forward to meeting some of you at the building parties.

How many Norwalk, Downey, Santa Fe Springs folks do we have in here?