New Users, introduce yourselves here!

SethB6025

Hi guys,

my name is Manu and living in Luxembourg (small country in Europe). Since childhood I am Star Wars fan and always in the Cons I admire the guys in the Troopers armor. I've decided to enter in this world, so I'm a newbie.

At the moment I read here in the forum to get much info as possible. My armor will probably be a RS Prop Masters .... Sandtrooper of course ;-)

Manu

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all. I'm John, age 40, from Southbridge, MA USA. I am FINALLY starting my AM 2.0 build. My armor has been sitting in its big brown box for several months now, as I have been busy with work. I've been lurking on here and the FISD since about April and slowly acquiring knowledge and supplies. I'm looking forward to joining the New England Garrison and hopefully having my armor ready for the St. Paddy's Day Parade. Realistic goal?

HI John, and welcome to the Forum!

Absolutely that is a realistic goal. It all depends on your level of commitment to putting it together though. I think when I started mine, I worked on it for several hours most every night after work, plus most of the weekends and prolly spent 6-7 weeks to get it where it is now, PO Status. That time includes initial trimming of the armor, then fitting it to me and taking my time with it. Building the helmet, which is a whole different thing from building the armor in my opinion. Building the pack and then weathering it all at the end.....it is time consuming, but very do-able in the time frame you mentioned.

There is SO much helpful info and people here it's not funny. I would highly suggest looking through the sections regarding submissions for Police Officer Deployment that will really give you an idea of what to do and NOT do.

Good luck!!!!

Baron

HI John, and welcome to the Forum!

Absolutely that is a realistic goal. It all depends on your level of commitment to putting it together though. I think when I started mine, I worked on it for several hours most every night after work, plus most of the weekends and prolly spent 6-7 weeks to get it where it is now, PO Status. That time includes initial trimming of the armor, then fitting it to me and taking my time with it. Building the helmet, which is a whole different thing from building the armor in my opinion. Building the pack and then weathering it all at the end.....it is time consuming, but very do-able in the time frame you mentioned.

There is SO much helpful info and people here it's not funny. I would highly suggest looking through the sections regarding submissions for Police Officer Deployment that will really give you an idea of what to do and NOT do.

Good luck!!!!

Baron

Thanks Gary! Build thread coming soon...

Hello everyone! I'd like introduce myself. I'm Derek, with no 501st number yet. I finally got my ATA armor about 3 months or so ago, but I work two jobs, pay student loans, and time is very limited so I haven't built much. It's taken forever to piecemeal everything. I've also learned this is very hard for me and I'm not the best builder at all, so it's a bit intimdating coming on these forums to be judged and guided to be a 501st member. I'm 33, live in Tampa, FL, and I've handled for a few events with the Tampa Bay Squad here. I've been a prospective member since April of this year, and they're a great group and I love the mantra of the 501st, and hanging out with them.

When I originally joined FISD, I was pretty sure (up until a few days ago) that I wanted to be a TK. Secretly though, I've always wanted to be dirty and go TD. With that said, I already have a blaster build I need to finish (about 80% done...pipe build with a doopy kit), but I do have a Hyperfirm DLT-19. I very recently decided after talking with several members of the TBS, and coming to terms with not being clean and shiny, that I wanted to go Sandtrooper (much to the chargin of some of my TK build buddies).

My original goal was Centurion TK, but I'm considering SWAT since I've essentially only did the "basic" trim thus far (no fitting yet) and might as well come out of the gate swinging for a hard goal. However seeing as that there's only 30 or so members in the SWAT section approved with pictures, it seems quite elite and daunting. Not to mention, I'm not sure if I want to commit to the backpack yet, since I live in Florida and it's very swampy and humid most of the year, so maybe SWAT-oriented with a goal of PO, and maybe later add a pack? I've heard you all are pretty tough on approvals for MEPD ;). The only items I still need to get (not to mention finishing my kit) are a fan system, a belt, and specifically for TD the pauldron and the ammo packs (off the top of my head what I can recall). I already have some stuff like the rivets, etc that would be ok for TK Centurion that I think carry over to SWAT per the CRL's.

I also like long walks on the Tattooine dunes during a twin sunset, looking off in the distance philosophically. I hope you all are inviting and helpful as the folks on FISD. I need a MEPD "Darkcmf/Tim/FISD Attache equivalent" who has kept me off the ledge and kept me focused during difficult builds (jk). Nice to meet you all, and I hope I join the ranks soon enough. I'm up for any advice and guidance at this point of where to go, aside from the copious amounts of reading. Thank you for reading my novel.

Fist off, welcome to the forums!

You will find nothing but kind and informed peeps here. We all know the challenges ahead. I have yet to find someone that was not helpful is some form or another. There are a lot less of us dirty guys so we gotta stick together right?

I too had planned on going SWAT. I was building mine in the vein of Move Along. After getting my PO status, which honestly, if you follow any of the awesome build threads here, its not too difficult. It's all in the details. It's not that they

re too tough on approvals, but like everything else in the legion, there are standards, and those standards change over time, all in the hopes of being as movie accurate as possible. Every time a guy get s SWAT, the bar is set a little higher. I am gonna enjoy my PO status for a little while, I am working on other projects to at the moment.

I suggest starting here. everyone that has staus of PENDING and DONE is a great place to start...

http://forum.mepd.net/index.php?showforum=12

And above all, read, read, and then, well, read some more!!!! We are here to help.

Good luck!!!

Baron

Agree with baron

No judging here just helpful advice :)

I'm sure the boys in TBS can help personally if you get stuck along the way and need some in person help but besides wat baron has mentioned already you need to check out pandatroopers build threads , outstanding !!!

Also remember to go for officer before SWAT some things are different for approval ,

Like if you build swat straight up you might have to change things to get PO then change back for swat,

As for rarity of SWAT member , it's just how many want to go that extra mile , not all do, and no one I can think off hasn't got there eventually or has given up 1/2 way

You can do it mate

You sound like you've got a good head and are gunna take your time so can't see there being any problems

Everyone is here to ,and will, help

Welcome brother your among friends :)

Thank you all so much for the welcome! Proud to get dirty! Hope you didn't take my "hard approval" joke to heart, I've seen some heated discussion in the FISD Centurion threads, so I know the passion and the CO's striving for accurate costumes. It's all ultimately to help. :) There are a few TD's in our garrison, but have only met one or so in person thus far. I'm a slow builder anyways, so perhaps it's for the better. I've learned two hard lessons so far (making my biceps considerably tight, making me have to a larget inner strip to space it out, and let's just say it's not economically feasibly or bad enough I feel for a replacement on the arms).

Looking forward to seeing some different kind of builds other than a TK, although I know the process is very similar. One of the exciting things about this for me is the weathering and "deployed" look. I've build model tanks since I was a kid and it's the best part of building anything. Thanks for the welcome, and hope to join the TD community!

Also: thank you SO much for recommending going PO first THEN SWAT. I was going straight for SWAT, thinking it was similar to going straight for Centurion (even though you apply for EIB first).

Vince is right, You wanna go PO first, besides, you have to be deployed PO before submitting for SWAT. And you must have 501st approval before submitting for PO deployment. Although 501st deployment is rather easy, especially if you follow the build threads here, technically, it's a piece of cake.

It's a process :)

I would also like to point out, this is NOT FISD. Great build threads over there. That is where I started initally. But the vibe hereis......different.... :)

Baron

Hello All,

I would like to introduce myself. My name is Chad and I am located in Southern California (Hermosa Beach) and have long dreamed of joining the 501st. I have watched many of troops either for New Years or other various celebrations where I got to see what you do for the community first hand, and after thinking it through thought it was a perfect fit to get dirty with a sandy since I live close to the beach and all, and I did some serious reading of all the threads and really liked this challenge! My ATA kit arrived a couple weeks ago (after an eager 9-10 months wait) and I look forward to getting everything moving as best I can, 2 young boys and a girl on the way in a month or so. I look forward to feedback, advice and hopefully getting a chance to join the ranks after some serious work and knowledge, and my fair share of mistakes and work outs. All the best!

Hi, Chad, and welcome to the boards!

I am in Long Beach. First thing I can suggest to read the build threads, and then read them some more! Also, look through the PENDING and DONE threads for Police Officer deployment, that will give you great insight as to what is required to getting going.

Good luck!

Welcome Chad, awesome kit, you must have waited a while for it. I like your choice in character also.....sandy. As Gary said read the build threads....especially Pandatroopers build, great thread. Get yourself an account with photobucket so you can post a build thread and document your progress. Ummmm, yes its free too. :woot: Wees hear loves our pictures of new sandy builds. Good luck bro and see you in the dunes of Mos Eisley soon :yes:

Hi all, my name is Andrew

After reading the latest combined MEPD FISD news letter, I felt compelled to head on over here and see what the MEPD is all about.

I am TK- 11469 over there Centurion lvl. and member of the Australian Redbacks Garrison.

I like the big guns so eventually will build a TD and I think in the grand scheme of things would push myself to get SWAT .

Anyways, love the legion, love what we do, and love Star Wars.

Cheers